Adguard issue with lifetime license

LetsFixTheNet

Hi,

Adguard won't Synchronize with my key After PC Restart Don't use any Firewall or Antivirus Software Been Using Windows as is Currently Only way i can Fix my Issue Activate Adguard out of Trial is to login to Website Remove my PC From the Currently Active License Then Use the Same License Key to Activate Again Adguard Works Just Fine After That but Once You Restart or Power on the PC Later Sadly i gotta Redo this Bullcrap Again.

Current Version Adguard 7.2.2936
Current Windows Version 1903
OS Build 18362.449

LetsFixTheNet

After PC Restart
After Restart.png

Logging Back In to Windows i Activate my Key it's Trial??
Activating Lifetime License.png
Once i Remove My PC From the Activation on the Website the Key Works
After Lifetime License.png

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@LetsFixTheNet

Hello there!

First, try to reinstall the application using this utility.

If the problem repeats itself, you should pay attention to the host's file:
  1. Press Windows+R on your keyboard. When the Run window opens, type in the following command: %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and press OK or Enter
  2. Windows will display a prompt asking you what program should be used to open the file. Select Notepad and press OK
  3. If your hosts file contains these records, please delete them and press Ctrl+S to save the file:
    • 127.0.0.1 api.adguard.com
    • 127.0.0.1 api-b.adguard.com
    • 127.0.0.1 api-c.adguard.com
    • 127.0.0.1 api-d.adguard.com
  4. Close Notepad, reboot your PC and check if the issue persists;

LetsFixTheNet

@Chinaski

Thank You for the reply

i went back through some of the changes made after sync problem checked the host file it was clean of any
  • 127.0.0.1 api.adguard.com
  • 127.0.0.1 api-b.adguard.com
  • 127.0.0.1 api-c.adguard.com
  • 127.0.0.1 api-d.adguard.com
sync issue still seems to persists after reset of host file, i also use Anti-WebMiner / Spybot-S&D Start Center not sure if these could cause issues.

LetsFixTheNet

problem solved by using the Uninstall Utility seems to be working now, after removing adguard went through locations where adguard had stored folders and files removes everything then used Bleachbit PrivaZer CCleaner to make sure system was clean of any remaining hidden traces rebooted system re-installed adguard all is well now.