AdGuard just killed my browser

subaryta

Suddenly my Safari stopped working. It works while I disable AdGuard. Never had this problem before. I removed all user filters but it didn't help, only disabling AdGuard fixes the issue.

Just checked - it seems that adguard works (ads are block) yet the icon shows "disabled status" and all options are marked red.

Last edited:

mbezzo

Beta Tester
I'm seeing the exact same thing. It was very sudden. I'm seeing it on several different Macs running 10.11.6 with Safari 9.1.2 with Adguard 1.3

Only option is to turn adguard off.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for the late response, we're looking into it.

Could you please examine your hosts file? It is located in /etc/hosts.
What's inside?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Huh, this is super weird.

It's interesting what you all have in common?
Could you please tell me what filters do you use?

hp.

I had this problem yesterday, too. I tried quitting AdGuard and it actually crashed my whole system three times. I was running both Safari and the Safari Technology Preview at the time, but I have AdGuard set to not filter Chrome, so I was able to determine that my internet connection was fine.

I don't have anything added to my etc/hosts file, but I use the following filters in AdGuard:
English, Spyware, Social media, Annoyances, Safari and EasyList. I also have a few rules set up under User filter.

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
I had this problem yesterday, too. I tried quitting AdGuard and it actually crashed my whole system three times. I was running both Safari and the Safari Technology Preview at the time, but I have AdGuard set to not filter Chrome, so I was able to determine that my internet connection was fine.

I don't have anything added to my etc/hosts file, but I use the following filters in AdGuard:
English, Spyware, Social media, Annoyances, Safari and EasyList. I also have a few rules set up under User filter.
and what about today?