AdGuard Logs

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Gass, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Gass

Gass Member

Bear with me, I'm not techy at all.

Under logs I find agent, service, tools.

I have no ideal what each mean.

But to understand a basic meaning of their names, the Agent = browser security

Service = run program and update, and tools = ? I'm lost here - maybe parental control, WOT

Would that be close to any of their meaning.

Just what do each log hold and represent ?

Ok now let me tell what happened and why I went to see it listed for more info. to give you.

I signed up for T-Mobile phone plan and while doing this somewhere along the process it has a

CAPTCHA and Adguard didn't like it (I had to use the Don't block for 30 sec) to get through the sign up.

I had the Adguard floating window appear in the Bottom right corner - something advising malice or ?

sorry I really didn't pay attention cause I couldn't see T-Mobile using anything like malice process and thought

it an error of false positive. Besides I wanted to finish the Sign up and I never left that page of T-Mobile.

Where would I look to see what triggered the Adguard warning ?

Where can I read up on Adguard process about blocking sites or is that really independent on WOT.

Thanks , Gass

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi, Gass!

'Logs' directory is structured slightly different:
    Agent - program's graphic shell;
    Service - Adguard service itself, including filtration, updates, license etc.
    Tools - our tools such as driver, services start/stop etc.

But keep in mind that these logs contain information about only major events. To get info about blocked requests or filtered ads, you have to enable detailed log in 'protection - Log' menu and reproduce the problem. Then all the information will appear right there, on the program screen.

If you tell us what site you encountered this problem on, we'll try to reproduce it on our computers.

3. Gass

Gass Member

vasily_bagirov

I thank you for the information how to turn on "detailed log"

I checked the - https://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/ActivateCodes.aspx , and without new information to use = impossible.

I checked the - https://my.t-mobile.com/sign-up.html , and without new information to use = impossible.

I also checked both sites above on WOT site = clean which it only came back with info. about T-Mobile.com

It triggered Adguard floating window when clicked to continue on one of these pages.

When Adguard warning came I didn't even see the CAPTCHA undersized window but when I used the don't block for 30sec within
    Adguard and it shut down and maybe clicked back or hit the continue the CAPTCHA window was there. (maybe even Adguard refreshing the window like it does when you do something with the assistant).

I did notice the address in Adguard floating window didn't say anything about T-Mobile.com it had something else.

I don't know who the T-Mobile.com uses for the verify your human CAPTCHA window from, or even if they do, this window
    looked to have no T-Mobile logo etc. and was about 5' wide and 6-7" tall. I just hope it was a T-Mob thing and not steal my info.

After I completed the verify your human, I was able to continue.

vasily_bagirov I'm so sorry I'm not able to give you anymore than the above, I was stressed from multiple times trying to succeed and each time just getting a bit father. Like I tried and until my phone # ported I wasn't able to proceed.

Thank you for your help, time, and interest.

Gass

4. Gass

Gass Member

I have Good Infomation - As it happened again

Attached Files:

5. vasily_bagirov

Hi, Gass!

remote.captcha.com got into blacklist most likely by mistake. I removed it from there, and soon everything should work fine.

And about attachments. You can delete any unwanted attachments clicking om a little cross in 'Manage attachments' screen. You can see it here: http://screencast.com/t/IyNFVShGqHg7

6. Gass

Gass Member

Good to hear, additional question - please

Greetings Vasily,

That's good news to hear about "remote.captcha.com", I might as well
    contact T-Mobile about it also to see if they will answer. Why do they use.

Manage Attachments - Adguard Forum
    I followed your instructions about deleting any unwanted attachments
    and it works from the lower box very well but, seems to not affect the
    inventory in the upper box on right side when I drag attachments to
    the lower box and delete them - they remain still in upper right box
    afterwards.

The upper right box has at the bottom this statement -
    "Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted".
    This is not happening as mine are still there from days ago.
    (see attachment - highlighted text)

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of the forum in case,
    in someway it adds to your cost to maintain the forum. :)

Thank you Vasily for the link in your instructions, made it crystal clear.

Gass

Attached Files:

7. vasily_bagirov

Can confirm, this is indeed a bug. Unfortunately, it is a bug of vBulletin forum engine. There is at least one more (with displayed time), and we have plans of switching to a different engine.