adguard looks really dodgy

eidand

I had a look and actually wanted to buy it.
So I chose my licenses and I see a price : adguard-price.jpg

I then continue and now I am taken to another website ( which looks beyond dodgy ) and suddenly I am looking at a completely different price:

adguard-screen3.jpg

Next, I do not want to pay with my card, I don't really trust any website with my details, I want to use Paypal, I see the logo on this new website, but there is no option to actually use it.

So I have to wonder, what on earth is going on with this AdGuard thing? It sure looks fishy.
The result ? I did not buy it, I cannot trust such a shoddy merchant.

chromatinfish123

Beta Tester
The website is plimus, which is a reputable site. If AdGuard blocks phishing sites then why will it allow a phishing site to buy licenses?

plimus is a vendor site which allows any company without their own transaction system to use theirs. Some rogue antiviruses have use plimus which gives it a bad rep but anybody can technically use them.

If you still don't want to use the website maybe Avatar or Vasily can help.

eidand

The website is plimus, which is a reputable site. If AdGuard blocks phishing sites then why will it allow a phishing site to buy licenses?

plimus is a vendor site which allows any company without their own transaction system to use theirs. Some rogue antiviruses have use plimus which gives it a bad rep but anybody can technically use them.

If you still don't want to use the website maybe Avatar or Vasily can help.
ok and what about the different prices ? is that a reputable way of doing business as well ?

eidand

did you check my screenshots ? Those are different prices, I am not sure what that 17.34 is, it's not what I am seeing.

chromatinfish123

Beta Tester
Oops sorry put on wrong screen shot.

Now plimus.com is not on connection. Maybe avatar is fixing it?

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Ok... tried euro and it's the same.

Tried USD and it's the same.

(On both sites plimus and adguard)

Tried British Pounds... cannot connect.

eidand

also, I did a quick check -
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/plimus-c118745.html
http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/plimus-a48564.html

Dear lord .... it does not sound good!

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Ok... tried euro and it's the same.

Tried USD and it's the same.

(On both sites plimus and adguard)

Tried British Pounds... cannot connect.
I checked again. No problem connecting, I see the same prices. Funny thing, it first shows me the price in euros and when I change to British pounds I see the price exactly as in the screenshot I posted above.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!

1. Plimus (in fact they have renamed to Bluesnap 3 years ago) is a payment gate to accept credit card payments. We will soon switch to another payment gate as plimus seems to be stagnating and we're not satisfied with their service level. That does not mean the company is not reputable or trusted. The number of complaints may be explained by the fact that the company was really very popular payment processing system.

2. Now about the main question - prices.

The problem here is that the price in pounds is calculated from the price in Euro using recent exchange rates.
It seems that Plimus has used another exchange rate for the same thing (as we pass Euro price to them).

I realize that the way it works now it is totally unclear.
We've just changed purchase page, hope it will help to understand what's going on:

00000831.png

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
By the way the thread arrived just in time, we've been planning to make a switch from Plimus to Fastspring.com this week.