Adguard Mac app doesn't block as much as browser addon

Rufus

Hello
I am using mac os High Sierra 10.13.3 with Firefox 58.0.2
When i am using only the App or App+adguard browser addon it blocks less ads and trackers.
When i am using only the adguard browser addon it blocks more ads and trackers.
I am using the same filter lists on both
Does anybody now why?

Last edited:

Rufus

I use these filters

English
Spyware
Socialmedia
Annoyances

I use these settings in App
General.jpeg

Extensions.jpeg

Network.jpeg

Last edited:

Rufus

I have tried some other browser, Chrome and Safari works, but Cliqz browser behaves like Firefox.
And I can't whitelist sites in FF and Cliqz
Have reinstalled Adguard App

Rufus

@zebrum there is no difference

@Delerium I have used Ublock Origin and Ghostery before i bought Adguard, i liked Ghostery there you could unblock
individual ads and tracker if you wanted to.

Rufus

Hello again
I have just find this link static.adguard.com/test.html and it says that Adguard app is disabled, have tried on these browser
Cliqz
Brave
Firefox
Chrome
all is the latest version.

Rufus

Hello @zebrum i havent been using adguard recently because i cant get it to work properly, when i saw there is a new version i decided to give it a test again. But it doesent block all ads and maybe trackers to but i dont now for sure. I have tried many difrent filters. Have you any idea what i can do, is there any way to send som logs or something if there is some error somewhere in my Mac.

Rufus

I have finally found out why adguard didn't worked in Firefox and Cliqz.
In about:config i had changed some settings: network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy and network.http.sendRefererHeader

adguard only works properly when those are set at default values.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AdGuard relies on `Origin` and `Referer` headers to detect if the request is third-party or not. When you suppress both, AG (falsely) considers them first-party and some of the ad blocking rules just aren't triggered.

In AG for Windows, the recommended alternative is to use the Stealth Mode module of AdGuard that suppresses referrer on its own. Unfortunately, AG for Mac does not yet provide this feature, but it is coming in one of the future updates.