AdGuard malware Blocking Options

Discussion in 'AdGuard for Firefox' started by rickz, Oct 13, 2016.

1. rickz

rickz New Member

Regards,

if not much to ask, could be handy to have an option to not display the pop up website warning, it already bother to have many browser pages opened even if adguard blocked them. i know many people would like this feature

think about it, the option will be like: Close malware website automatically if detected.. something like that

this should be available for all type of browsers

thanks in advanced

My Best Regards

2. bjm

bjm New Member

.....page block warning presentation works for me.....
    ....try better filters because I never see page block warning....;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  3. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

4. bjm

bjm New Member

.....page block warning presentation works for me.....meaning, I like having a page block warning screen.
    Um, that's why I opt on, phishing and malware protection.
    And thanks for pic. I've never had one. Are there test url's so I can see different warning screens and see Advanced view.

5. rickz

rickz New Member

i have reported some of them before, if you would like to see those type of ads, i could share some links which display them, anyway i don't see id really necessary if adguard blocked them but it let the page open, is ok if is open,
    adguard should be able to close it automatically, this is not a matter of giving you the sites, the modification has to be done in adguard's code to make invisible or just close the warning after some seconds.

6. vasily_bagirov

@bjm basically, any website from this subforum: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?forums/26/ :)

It is in Russian, but it shouldn't be a problem since you only need links anyway. It is a subforum for reporting websites for browsing security blacklist. We don't have it's English analog here because such websites are much more common in russian internet segment. We still add 'bad' english websites if we come across them, of course.

7. rickz

rickz New Member

the fact with this, if we had 20 tabs opened imagine there will be 20 more windows (pop ups) from "malware sites" been blocked but still the warning and windows is there opened, that's is disturbing and consumes memory resources, there should be an option not to display anything and close the windows automatically, i'm sure many people will like these feature perhaps will improve adguard's features

8. vasily_bagirov

@rickz if you have 20+ malware websites notifications, this is not normal. Also, if you try to proceed to a malware website, there will be no pop-up with the notification. Only current page will be substituted with a special warning page.

I don't quite understand what pop-ups you are talking about. Maybe you have new windows with spam and malware constantly popping up on your PC, in that case you need to check your computer for viruses.