AdGuard messes up Google search home page

knnbccb

Recently, I noticed the search box of the Google home page has been shifted up to the top. At first I thought it was a browser problem: I was using Yandex browser and other browsers e.g. Firefox were working fine. I even thought that Google had decided to change the layout of its search page.

Then I tried to pause/deactivate AdGuard on Yandex browser and the Google home page is displayed normally again.

I then figured out the problem had something to do with AdGuard: I only use AdGuard on Yandex browser.

Below is a screenshot of the problem: the search box moved from the middle to the top, and if there is a Google doodle art, the buttons cover part of the artwork/logo. This shouldn't happen.

Here is a picture of the page correctly displayed:

----
Technical info:
Windows 64-bit
AdGuard version 3.4.31
No custom filters added

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please list your used filters. The same issue in Chrome?

knnbccb

Please list your used filters. The same issue in Chrome?
I have no problem with Chrome, because I do not have AdGuard installed on Chrome, only installed it on Yandex browser.

I use only the default filters:

By the way, I tried disabling the Annoyances filter and the problem seemed to go away. So it must be a problem with the Annoyances filter.
These are the only ones enabled:

Would be great if you can replicate the problem and further narrow down the bugged filter before fixing it.
Or perhaps I should disable the Annoyances filter? But it was working fine last week.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try to disable "Web Annoyances Ultralist". Moved your post to Extensions forums.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, there's been several reports that the Web Annoyances Ultralist filter is breaking stuff lately. That filter is not maintained by AdGuard's filter developers, so any problems with that filter should be reported to the filter's upstream developers here: https://github.com/yourduskquibbles/webannoyances

I personally would not recommend using the Web Annoyances Ultralist filter.