Adguard messes with Steam browser

saturnotaku

Beta Tester
It seems the latest Adugard build (7.6.1) is causing issues with the Steam browser. In addition to rendering errors where most images do not appear, many times neither the store nor community pages will load at all, giving an "unknown error -108." Removing Steam from the Adguard list of filtered applications fixes it. This isn't the end of the world, but if there is indeed a problem here, I'd like the developers to be aware of it.
 

hmscott

New Member
7.7 Nightly 4 did it for me too, messed up images for Steam Store. I played with switching DNS sources, at first I thought Google DNS was working, but then it didn't work, I tried a few other DNS sources but results weren't consistent - and yes I did reboot between each change - and yes I know I could simply /FlushDNS.

Anyway, I finally needed to go to Settings->Network-> "List of filtered applications", and find the Steam entry and uncheck the box, now the Steam Store is solid again.

Update: Still not working... I will check from time to time to see if I can re-enabled the Steam entry in the "List of filtered applications", once Adguard fixes the problem.
 
Last edited:

hmscott

New Member
This may be an ongoing battle with Steam :)

In AdGuard 7.7 nightly 6 I needed to Uncheck Steam again, as individual game browsing in the Store caused missing images - videos were ok.
 

hmscott

New Member
Exciting news, AdGuard 7.7 Nightly 8 allows Steam to be enabled in Settings=>Network=>List of Filtered Applications, all images and videos are now showing in the Store.
 
Top