AdGuard News Digest

oldsarge

I received the AG News Digest; very good article for AG for Safari. However, the panes/description in the digest do not match what I have with the paid/premium version. Is there a reason for the difference? Catalina 10.15.4. Here are shots from the digest and my installed AG:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.40.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.39.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.41.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.39.50 AM.png

Any help/explanation would be appreciated. Otherwise, everything seems fine and working well.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The second and fourth screenshots are of standalone AdGuard for Mac app which works for Safari and other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.) and other apps whereas the first and third screenshots are from the AdGuard for Safari browser extension for Safari (which as the name implies only works for Safari). AdGuard for Mac is superior to AdGuard for Safari.

If you're already using AdGuard for Mac, there's no reason to use or consider using AdGuard for Safari at the same time as 1) there's limitations to using AdGuard for Safari (thanks to Apple and the Safari content blocker) that simply don't exist in AdGuard for Mac and 2) integration mode doesn't work (but in the next major AdGuard for Mac release there's the new Browser Assistant browser extension that replaces the AdGuard Assistant and integration mode which is available for Safari and other browsers).

So that's why they look different, they're different AdGuard products.

oldsarge

Thank you very much. The 2d and 4th are what I have installed. I have to start remembering I have AG for Mac, not Safari; I keep forgetting there is a difference.

I posted this twice, the other in the discussion section. Could you please delete the duplicate post? Thanks again.