AdGuard not working after starting PC from sleep mode, ver 7.10

AG+V

Since the update to AdGuard ver 7,10 if I ever wake my PCs up from sleep mode AdGuard does not work. I've tried closing AdGuard and stopping all associated running processes in Task manager and then opening AdGuard again, this does not resolve it. I've put the PCs into sleep mode with AdGUard protection disabled and with it enabled at other times, it still will not restart. Attempting to enable protestion either has the spinning wheel rotating constantly without ever restarting, or there is a notification that AdGuard cannot start.

AdGuard only starts fully if I restart the computer. I don't want to do that all of the time, I've been putting the PCs into sleep mode for many years without there being any problems. AdGuard worked fine in the last version when I put the PCs into sleep mode. Both PCs are running fully updated versions of Windows 10. I have not made any major changes to the PCs settings or other software since ver 7.10 was installed. I put the PCs into sleep mode because I may be out all day, I do not want to leave them running fully to get around the problem with AdGuard.

I'll be frank and say that I have had a few issues with AdGuard since I've subscribed to it, that is a few years now. Usually it works very well, but when I have had problems and contacted support I've not had quick responses and the replies have not been very detailed, so I am posting my problem here rather than going to support right away in the hope that other users might be able to help better than support have helped me in the past.

styler002

I have been using AdGuard for I think 3 years now. I have it to just auto renew every year. Never have had any issues. I turn off my desktop before bed every night and turn it on every morning. I have had AdGuard do the same thing as yours. After turning computer on my AdGuard is disabled. Open it up to enable it and it just has the wheel spinning and never enables. On opening it says "Something went wrong" then has a box to contact support via email. Do not know how I enabled it the first time it happened but this time its not working no matter what I do. Hope someone can help us both with the issue.

AG+V

I have been using AdGuard for I think 3 years now. I have it to just auto renew every year. Never have had any issues. I turn off my desktop before bed every night and turn it on every morning. I have had AdGuard do the same thing as yours. After turning computer on my AdGuard is disabled. Open it up to enable it and it just has the wheel spinning and never enables. On opening it says "Something went wrong" then has a box to contact support via email. Do not know how I enabled it the first time it happened but this time its not working no matter what I do. Hope someone can help us both with the issue.
I'm sorry to read that you have the same problem as me, but at the same time I'm pleased to know that it wasn't just me that has had this problem. Oddly, this morming when I woke the PC up from sleep mode and tried to restart Adguard it did just that, for the first time since I posted here.

I have done nothing to change any settings in Adguard or with my PC.

I did update Adguard from v 7.10 to v7.10.1 when the new release first came out, but that was about a week ago I think, it did not solve the restarting issue that you and I have had though, as I'd hoped that it would. I've seen nothing official from Adguard about this issue.

styler002

Thank you for reply.
This is an issue that I am not finding a solution for from anyone. After I posted to you that I was having the same issue, I did my regular this shut dowm computer and off to bed. The Next morning AdGuard was enabiled. Crazy!
This morning it was enabled and this evening I noticed that it had enables itself. Out of the blue! What is going on?
I really hope that we both can get someone to help fix this frustrating issue. Its starting to drive me crazy. Lol
Thank you for your replay. Lets keep looking for the fix!

AG+V

@AG+V Hey, is your issue relates to this issue: #4293 ?
Thanks for the link, yes, it is the same problem. But, I use a wired broadband connection and I believe that my DNS is stable so I do not think that the suggested fix will work for me. I will try it later though.

As I said before I am using this forum rather than sending logs to Adguard as I have not found support to be very helpful, they take a long time to respond and have never told me much information about what the problem may have been, which is not helpful when I am trying to fix a paid for product.

Thanks again for the link.
Thank you for reply.
This is an issue that I am not finding a solution for from anyone. After I posted to you that I was having the same issue, I did my regular this shut dowm computer and off to bed. The Next morning AdGuard was enabiled. Crazy!
This morning it was enabled and this evening I noticed that it had enables itself. Out of the blue! What is going on?
I really hope that we both can get someone to help fix this frustrating issue. Its starting to drive me crazy. Lol
Thank you for your replay. Lets keep looking for the fix!
That was a false hope, today I am having the same problem, Adguard will not connect, the spinning wheel spins for up to 10 minutes and then I get the same error message - "Something went wrong"

VasqueZ

That was a false hope, today I am having the same problem, Adguard will not connect, the spinning wheel spins for up to 10 minutes and then I get the same error message - "Something went wrong"
You just get "Something went wrong " error message?

VasqueZ

@AG+V Try these steps:

Please use the article on reinstalling the program.
After successful removal, download the installer file by reference and run the installation.

If these manipulations did not have an effect, you should perform the following actions:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard. When the Run window opens, type in the following command: "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts." and press OK or Enter.
2. Windows will display a prompt asking you what program should be used to open the file. Select Notepad and press OK;
3. Check for any records containing "adguard.com". They should look like this:
127.0.0.1 api.adguard.com
127.0.0.1 api-b.adguard.com
127.0.0.1 api-c.adguard.com
127.0.0.1 api-d.adguard.com
4. If your Hosts file contains these records, please delete them and press Ctrl+S to save the file.
5. Close Notepad, reboot your PC and check if the issue persists.

AG+V

Thanks
@AG+V Try these steps:

After successful removal, download the installer file by reference and run the installation.

If these manipulations did not have an effect, you should perform the following actions:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard. When the Run window opens, type in the following command: "%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts." and press OK or Enter.
2. Windows will display a prompt asking you what program should be used to open the file. Select Notepad and press OK;
4. If your Hosts file contains these records, please delete them and press Ctrl+S to save the file.
Thanks for this. I will do this soon, I've got lots of other things to do tonight before work tomorrow. I need to make a record of all my settings so as th new installation runs as I've used Adguard for a few years. I will respond here after I've tried your suggestion. Thanks again.

styler002

@AG+V Try these steps:

I performed the actions in Notepad and did not find anything with "adguard.com." in mine. I am going to do the complete process again just to make sure I did it correctly.
Thank you for replying.

AG+V

The uninstall
Thanks

Thanks for this. I will do this soon, I've got lots of other things to do tonight before work tomorrow. I need to make a record of all my settings so as th new installation runs as I've used Adguard for a few years. I will respond here after I've tried your suggestion. Thanks again.
The uninstall and re-imstallation went OK. I will report back here after I have woken the PC frpm sleep more tomorrow.

AG+V

The uninstall

The uninstall and re-imstallation went OK. I will report back here after I have woken the PC frpm sleep more tomorrow.
Thank you VasqueZ it seems to be working OK now. I re-installed it last night and then shut off PC down overnight, when I started it this morning I went through all of the settings, checking that they were how I had them before the re-installation. I went online and had a few problems, using a few different browsers I could not access some well-known websites that I visit quite often, this was strange because the only software that I had any changes to was Adguard, and that was with a reinstallation, not to the settings. I restarted the PC again and everything seems to be working again. The only thing I can think of was that the DNS settings that I use in Adguard were not working properly, whatever it was seems to have been resolved by the restart. So if anyone else is reading this thread because they have a similar problem, try doing another restart maybe. Thanks again.

AG+V

I use the DNS settings in Adguard, when a couple of websites failed to load Firefox indicated that there was a problem with DNS settings. The only software, or settings, that had been changed on my PC was Adguard. This suggeted to me that the DNS settings in Adguard were the problem. This is why I wrote "The only thing I can think of was that the DNS settings that I use in Adguard were not working properly, whatever it was seems to have been resolved by the restart."" Quoting what you quoted in a fuller context by expanding it into the full sentence, rather than just a part of it, explains better why I thought this might be the issue. It makes clear that I am not definitely saying that it was Adguard DNS settings that caused it.