AdGuard not working for s7 edge power saving mode

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Boo85, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Boo85

Boo85 New Member

I have the s7 edge and got a lifetime license for adguard. I notice that adguard blocks all my Internet connection, regardless if it's mobile or wifi, when my s7 is in power saving mode. My s7 is not rooted, therefore I'm running in vpn mode.

Adguard has no issues when I run it normally, that means with power saving mode off.

Please assist. I have actually submitted a bug report for it via the adguard app.

Thanks!

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello! This is a known issue. Just go to power saving mode settings and disable optimization for Adguard. That will solve the problem.

3. Boo85

Boo85 New Member

For the S7, i think its a little different, power saving mode has no more optimatization settings for individual apps there. However there is now a separate app power saving settings which optimizes the power savings all the time. I have put adguard under disable there. However when power savings mode is active, all my internet connections are still blocked.

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello! The big problem is, there is not much that can be done here. These power saving apps just seem to not care about things like VPNs, messengers and such. I would like to hear someone else with S7 to see if they have the same problem.

==========================================

By the way, we have a task on github that directly addresses this problem:
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForAndroid/issues/247

The solution would be to react on battery saver mode the same way as we react on the situations when network is not accessible - stop VPN and show "Protection Paused" notification. Then, when battery saver mode is off, we will automatically enable protection back.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016