AdGuard not working on a multi-user computer

Discussion in 'Discussion (Beta Versions)' started by noah, Mar 21, 2019.

  1. noah

    noah New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Hi!

    Basically AdGaurd works as expected on one user, but when using a different user, AdGaurd is open and running, but somehow not “active”.

    The only way to get it to work is to click “Reset Settings...”. But even after I do that, when I go back into my other user account, I will have to do the same thing. Therefore it’s only working for one user at a time.

    I have tried refreshing, and resetting my license key on both accounts; no change.

    I am running AdGaurd 2.0.0.521 nightly on macOS Mojave 10.4.3 (18D109)

    Worth mentioning this has been happening for the past few alphas. I forget when I first noticed it. But I’m finally had enough of it and decided that it’s probably nothing on my side or setup.


    Thanks.
     
  2. TheHasagi

    TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2018
    Messages:
    1,402
    @noah

    Hello!

    What's the version?
     
  3. noah

    noah New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    @TheHasagi: sorry, the version of what?

    AdGaurd 2.0.0.521 nightly
    macOS Mojave 10.4.3 (18D109)
     
  4. TheHasagi

    TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2018
    Messages:
    1,402
    @noah

    Oh, I see now. The version 2.0.0.251 nightly (it can be quite unstable some times), does it easily repeats in stable 1.5.14?
     
  5. sysfu

    sysfu New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2014
    Messages:
    9
    I'm having the same issue with Adguard 2.0.0.254 nightly. macOS Mojave 10.14.4
     
  6. MikeL

    MikeL Beta Tester

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    I am having the same issue with both 2.0 beta and 2.0.1 nightly. 1.5 stable is fine.

    When Adguard is enabled, and I switch user accounts, pages do not load at all. When I disable filtering, things are fine again.
     
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  7. KhanhTung

    KhanhTung New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2019
    Messages:
    4
    [​IMG]
    I'm also having the same problem here. (Having 2 users in my Mac)
    MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
    Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.91 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
    AdGuard 2.0.1.535 nightly
     
  8. KhanhTung

    KhanhTung New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2019
    Messages:
    4
    Delete Adguard and reinstalling it seems to make it work again
     
  9. MikeL

    MikeL Beta Tester

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    nope, not on this end. I completely removed Adguard (including all references in hidden folders, kex files, etc). After reinstalling the latest nightly, the problems are still there. Try switching to a different useraccount on your Mac, lots of pages (eg. google.com) don't load at all. After disabling Adguard filtering things are fine again.
     
  10. MikeL

    MikeL Beta Tester

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5
    Just found out: it looks like this is due to an SSL error while Adguard is enabled. This occurs in multiple browsers (Safari and Vivaldi in my case).