Has anyone had the same issue before?

• Yes i am having problems right now.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No im doing just fine

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teke928

thanks but the experimental filter doesn't work for me. i tried restarting chrome after i turned it on. ads still appeared, when i tried to reload the video it was all black with just sound. same as before

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You might need to clear your browser's cache and clear YouTube cookies for it to work correctly. Also check for filter updates too, of course. :)

teke928

that worked, thanks a bunch. i cleared cache and cookies, had to restart chrome too but it has been working since the restart.

Vashnik

Came here to find answers and it looks like they've been answered.

I'm currently having this issue using Brave with AdGuard for Windows AND AdGuard Browser Assistant (thinking it was because of the legacy Assistant failing due to the more recent 7.4 AdGuard for Windows update making the Browser Assistant a stand-alone browser extension). Not using the Experimental filter. My YouTube account must be one of the "lucky" accounts getting these experimental blank ads Google is pushing that AdGuard hasn't been able to replicate and block yet.

Will try using the Experimental filter and see if that helps limit the amount of these experimental ads I see.

daZza

Beta Tester
New issue for me: While it was annoying to have the ads before, now Youtube has stopped working completely and shows an error message instead: _RiccoNxk7UYprIG

It starts working once I hit "Do not filter for 30 seconds" or stop AdGuard alltogether. So they apparently started blocking AdBlockers completely now? Will you be able to fix that?

Vashnik

New issue for me: While it was annoying to have the ads before, now Youtube has stopped working completely and shows an error message instead: _RiccoNxk7UYprIG

It starts working once I hit "Do not filter for 30 seconds" or stop AdGuard alltogether. So they apparently started blocking AdBlockers completely now? Will you be able to fix that?
I had that problem last week when YouTube was pushing these experimental ads and it stopped showing those errors when I cleared browsing history, updated filters, and restarted the browser. Try that to see if the error goes away for you.

On the downside, I actually started seeing those experimental ad placeholders instead of the errors when I did that. The errors do eventually let you play the YouTube video if you decide not to clear the browsing history and restart the browser. It just takes the same amount of time as those experimental ad placements that were supposed to show up, but were blocked (and broken).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester

Check for filter updates. There was a rule that broke it, but it should be fixed now after checking for filter updates.

ner0

A couple months ago I started getting the playback error, now it seems something else happens:

imgur.png

The ad does not play visually but the timer on the left-hand corner spins around twice, then the video actually plays. To be fair, I have not yet enabled extra experimental filtering, but that's next on the list.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Once you enable the experimental filter, be sure to clear the browser's cache (and clearing YouTube's cookies isn't a bad idea either).