Adguard not working with Gawker Websites

zevzamzi

Every time I've visited the website Kotaku.com for the past 3 weeks, the same thing happens: For 10 seconds the website will work fine, but then the images will start fail to load and then my internet connection will just come to a screeching halt. Not disconnect, just stop working for 5 minutes.

If I accidentally click on the link to Kotaku in my book marks and then exit out or close the window really fast, it doesn't matter, the process is started and I'm stuck waiting for things to start up again. The weird thing is that if I stay on the website for the 5 min, eventually it starts working again and if I scroll down and go to the next page, it continues to work like normal. I have also found the same happens on all the Gawker media websites.

If I turn off adguard they load just fine and don't kill my internet, so I'm 100% sure its a problem with that, since it seems like I'm the only one this is happening to and I'm not seeing anyone else complaining about it. Any ideas as to what could be happening?

I'm using windows 10 and the latest version of chrome, thanks!

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can't reproduce it here either, site works fine. Are you using any antivirus/antimalware software? If so, what?

zevzamzi

No, just adguard and popup blocker. Right now I've just switched adguard off for kotaku and am just going to wait it out and see if this is still happening in a month.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@zevzamzi

Specify the following information:
- What filters are included
- What browser do you use
- Are third-party add-ons enabled in the browser

zevzamzi

Filters: Ad Blocking AdGuard Base filter, AdGuard Tracking Protection filter, privacy, language specific, AdGuard Japanese filter.
Browser: Chrome
Add ons: SUBSCRIPTIONS GRID FOR YOUTUBE, veiw image, pop up blocker.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
You should try to reproduce that issue in other browsers.
And in Chrome you can try to disable popup blocker.