AdGuard occasionally goes off

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Android)' started by jbionic, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Went off again the other night, caught it saying "restarting adguard" or whatever it says in the notification area did it two or three times and in the process closed youtube and also ultimate screen rotation app.

----
    Edit:
    So, watching good'ol youtube again and out of the blue "adguard is re-starting" in the process it kicks me out of youtube and also disabled ultimate screen rotation. Deciding i dont want to play about i did the only thing i could think at 1am and that was to disbale adguard.

I'll try and upload the logs later, i cba to grab them off the tablet at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. bendotson

bendotson New Member

I too am having this issue where AG just shuts off randomly. When the service is running it works very well and this issue is the only thing keeping me from purchasing a license. I have a Galaxy Note 5 with 5.1.1 so maybe there are known issues?

3. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Which version of Adguard do you use?

4. Halmos János

Halmos János New Member

Same issue on OnePlus 6 with android pie.

5. d0x

d0x New Member

CC cleaner is an evil app... Everything by that Company is

Anyways I set my adguard watch timer to 8000 and it's never shut off and that's for my Nexus 6, pixel XL and note 9.

6. mrbickxo

mrbickxo New Member

It is quiet possible you are using some other app which is conflicting with the adguard functionality

7. d0x

d0x New Member

Depending on how they configured the OS it might be very aggressive with the way it handles killing apps when ram gets to a certain level.

My 1st gen Pixel XL was like that until I rooted it, changed the kernel and configured it myself. It's very easy to do as long as your phone can have it's bootloader unlocked.