AdGuard on Chrome Canary

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Johnathonm, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Johnathonm

Johnathonm Beta Tester

Hi,

I am writing because Adguard (the full client) doesn't seem to work properly on Chrome. It leaves behind various ads, empty banner space etc. I have to uninstall the client completely and then install the browser plugin for it to work properly. Is there something I am not doing properly to ensure that Adguard filters the canary builds properly or are the two simply incompatible?
    weird.PNG
    Thank you.

J

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

This is very strange, as I use Chrome Canary and it works fine. What's your system's specs, what anti-virus/anti-malware programs and what filter lists are you using?

3. Johnathonm

Johnathonm Beta Tester

Hi Boo Berry,

Intel i7, 16 gigs of ram, windows 8.1 x64 - fully patched. The only anti-malware/antivirus/firewall I use are the built in Windows Firewall and the Windows built in malware protection. I am running the latest Adguard from the website.

As for lists:

User Filter is checked - though I did not build or implement anything on my end.
    English Filter is checked.
    Filter for useful ads is unchecked.
    Spyware filter is checked.
    Social media filter is checked.

Is there anything I can forward you for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

J

P.S. this was the weird behavior I was mentioning in my post a week or two ago.

4. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Interesting. I just did a clean Chrome Canary 64-bit install on my Windows 8.1 64-bit partition and it's working fine with Adguard, so I've got a couple more questions but first, please try the latest beta version of Adguard found here: https://download.adguard.com/d/2/adguardInstallerBeta.exe

1) Like the screenshot above, does it only happen on specific domains, e.g. Google and YouTube? If so, it could be the issue with QUIC that's fixed in the beta version posted above.

2) Do you have the WFP driver enabled? To check, enable the Extended interface then go to Settings > Network and check whether or not Use WFP network driver is checked. If it isn't checked, check it and reboot and try again.

3) Are you using a proxy or a VPN?

Avatar will probably need some debug logs if none of the above fixes the issue. As a last resort (after backing up bookmarks and other settings) I'd try a clean Chrome Canary profile and a clean Adguard install.

5. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looks like something wrong with injections.

@Johnathonm, which extensions do you have in Canary?

6. Johnathonm

Johnathonm Beta Tester

Hi there,

I am running the standard Google extension's - Docs, Sheets and Slides. In addition I am running HTTPS Everywhere 2015.1.22. This type of error doesn't always happen but it has happened a few times in the past and, as you saw, very recently with this post. Currently I am running the 1.0.3.8 Extension, and the latest full client. I could uninstall test a the installs with and without etc., to try and narrow it down. If you need me to just let me know.

7. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Do you have this error on youtube only?

Could you please update AG to version 5.10.2010.6262. Maybe the problem is with QUIC protocol filtering which we have fixed in 5.10.2010.