Adguard on Samsung S21 slows down wifi

oahu

Enabling Adguard drops my wifi 6 speeds by about 50 percent to 350kbs from 700kbs when enabled on Samsung S21 Ultra.

Disabling it immediately doubles the speed. Any way to fix this?

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please provide more information about your AdGuard config.

oahu

Even default settings does not work. what info do you need? I've tried Disabling pieces of it, no good. Only shutting it off fully fixes it

oahu

Android, Chrome, Latest Adguard. Speed test reports 50% less speed with adguard enabled.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try to install latest nightly build (change update channel in app). Which speed tests did you try?

@a.bubnov

Ironcobra

This issue was driving me nuts on my s21 ultra, its definitely broken on then phone will try nightly.

edit: seems like so far nightly is working.

Last edited:

dotne

I was having all kinds of connectivity issues since switching to the S21 Ultra. I read this thread and started testing. I disabled all advanced features like stealth mode and installed the beta. Same issues with not even being able to complete a speed test as they would error out. As soon as I disabled Adguard all my apps started showing unread content such as YouTube and Reddit. I installed the nightly and nothing improved. I ended up uninstalling and using AdguardVPN with AdguardDNS adblocking. I will keep this setup untill Adguard figures out what the issue is.

monyy

I was having all kinds of connectivity issues since switching to the S21 Ultra. I read this thread and started testing. I disabled all advanced features like stealth mode and installed the beta. Same issues with not even being able to complete a speed test as they would error out. ome tv bazoocam As soon as I disabled Adguard all my apps started showing unread content such as YouTube and Reddit. I installed the nightly and nothing improved. I ended up uninstalling and using AdguardVPN with AdguardDNS adblocking. I will keep this setup untill Adguard figures out what the issue is.
I am also using Samsung S21 Ultra on which I also facing the same thing. I have turned off all the advanced level features still connectivity issues exist.

crustybread

I am using 3.6.1(11) and setting are using wizard defaults being block all including https filtering no vpn. My wifi goes from adguard off from 952mbps to On 205mbps using ookla speed test same server. I installed 4.0 nightly 10 speed test of 325mbps to 340mbps same server.

Forgot to add I have an S21 ultra as well running android 11 security patch 3-1-2021

Last edited:

thrillhouse

I've also noticed a snack bar message that says "No Internet Connection" despite there being a connection. When I turn Ad Guard off this message disappears. Galaxy S21 on Android 11, 3.1.2020 security patch.

Last edited:

crustybread

A few days ago my internet was not available until I disabled adguard.

Today I could not get google play store apps to install without uninstalling adguard. Basically I disabled adguard and apps were still pending uninstalled adguard and they began installing.

dotne

Still no updates on this? It's still happening even on nightly. I'm about to give up on adguard.
I have an S21 Ultra and I gave up on AdGuard months ago. It has to many issues with speed and causing sync issues. I ended up with NextDNS and using PrivateDNS. This also works with most VPN providers like Nord & Express. I still use AdGuard on desktop and have several lifetime license.

hmscott

It is easy enough to Disable AdGuard if I have a pressing "SpeedTest" to run, but for all other normal usage I am not noticing a slowdown.

Few websites can deliver 900M/bps anyway, so with Adguard Enabled I get 250M/bps-300M/bps, which is more than enough.

Far more annoying are the Ad's and Tracking, and I am saving about 1GB-2GB/day in blocked traffic - that speeds everything up in my browsing, quite the opposite of slowdowns.

I check my Apps waiting often anyway as I don't have automatic updates enabled - I want to screen what I have installed before it updates, often I remove things I haven't used for a while. I have no more waiting than normal, so AdGuard isn't slowing my updates there either.

It is a bit disappointing that youtube doesn't get ad's blocked, but I use Vanced so no loss there either. I don't use Facebook - never did really - same goes for twitter after the first few months of newness wore off, both are a waste of time, especially mobile. No loss there.

I have every AdGuard blocking option Enabled including DNS to AdGuard, and it's has been great on my Samsung S20 Ultra + Windows 10 Desktop + Samsung S6 Tablet, I have no complaints. I also run on Nightly with 6 hours updates.

If you can get the speeds up then I won't have to go through all that effort to bring up the AdGuard status page and flip the disable toggle first, before running "SpeedTest", and wouldn't that be a time saver? ;)