Adguard PC chrome extension broken [Vivaldi browser]

Periphery

Hi,

Vivaldi's latest snapshot (2.3.1420.4 (Version officielle) (32 bits)) prevents the use of the Adguard PC chrome extension.

Nothing happens when you click on the deactivation of a site's protection: the page reloads, but no effect, the icon remains blue.
screenshot_157.png

Same if you want to block an ad: nothing is added in the user filter.

The temporary solution is to disable the extension: Adguard PC works normally with the internal extension "Adguard assistant".

I don't know if the problem can be solved on Adguard's side. Can anyone confirm this bug?

EDIT : I think there is a more appropriate section: please move it to the section dedicated to the chrome extension

Last edited:

Periphery

I reported the bug to Vivaldi team. Here are the details :

Summary: AdGuard AdBlocker extension is damaged from snapshot 1420.4
Key: VB-48351
Project: Vivaldi Browser

Environment: Vivaldi version: 2.3.1430.4
Operating System: Windows 10 (x64)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.55 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/2.3.1430.4

AdGuard AdBlocker extension is damaged from snapshot 1420.4

*Steps to reproduce:*
To reproduce the bug you must have the complete Adguard PC product.
Combined with the AdGuard AdBlocker extension, it offers unbeatable flexibility, including the ability to temporarily disable filtering.

To "check the bug", I reinstalled the snapshot 1401.7 : the extension works fine

AdGuard AdBlocker : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg

*Expected behaviour:*
By disabling on-the-fly filtering with the blue button of the extension :
- a popup should indicate that a new rule has been added
- the page should reloads immediately without any filter
- the button should turns grey.

*Actual behaviour:*
Unfortunately :
- no new rule popup
- the page reloads, but filtering is not suspended
- extension button remains blue

Periphery

I did some tests with chromium and I notice a sudden failure between 2 versions of development 72.x
It would of course be necessary to sharpen...
screenshot_166.png
Vivaldi rely on the Chromium engine