AdGuard Pro-Cannot activate content blocker

Bruno

Hi. In Safari iOS settings, I cannot activate Adguard Pro in the Content Blockers section.
It is grey and cannot be enabled. Thanks

Bruno

Sorry I do not speak Russian ;-)

However I got the solution and solved the problem through the restrictions settings. Cheers!

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bruno
Please accept my apologies! Such a brainfart on my side :(

If you are interested, in my message I said that it was something unusual and we needed a screenshot.

Sorry once again for this blunder.

Bruno

No worries. In fact I found the reason why.

It was due to the Restrictions option I used to block adult websites. By turning it off I could enable Adguard Pro and turn back my restrictions on again.

However what is strange is that I did not face this issue with Adguard regular version. Something I cannot explain.

Bruno

By the way I also found out that the DNS option does not block ads withing iOS applications. I still have them.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bruno
What exactly apps Pro doesnt block ads in? All of them or some specific apps?

Also, we will test the issue with enabled Restrictions option.

Bruno

I did not test all my applications, but I found out that on "L'Express" or "L'Expansion" it does not work. Those are apps related to newspapers.

When you open them you have a full ads you have to close before getting into the app.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When you open them you have a full ads you have to close before getting into the app.
Do you have to sign in to see these ads? I can't see them even with Adguard DNS disabled. Maybe you could post a screenshot?

Bruno

Because I had some issue to activate Adguard Pro (cf. my previous post) I went through the issue and review my setup. I do not know exactly what I did to make it work but the ad now disappears at the launch of the application. You make my day!

I love this new Adguard Pro version. Even if I paid a lifetime Premium account I had no issue to pay the extra 0.99$. To be honest I will have paid 2$ for it. You did a great job! Keep the good work going!

Congratulations to all the team members.