[AdGuard Pro for iOS] v1.1.3 beta

Discussion in 'Release Notes (Beta Versions)' started by vasily_bagirov, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Finally, a new beta version. It will be available in TestFlight for our beta testers after the review process is finished.

In this update we make some changes aimed at better accessibility and app's friendliness.

Now it is possible to make your own rules for DNS blocking. You don't have to rely 100% on our filters. If you want any particular domain blocked on DNS level, just add a rule like this to User filter:
    Code:
    ||example.com^
    and it will be blocked from now on (example.com in this case). As an alternative way, you can enable DNS log, visit the website in question, then find the respective request in the log and block the domain in request details (very similar to how you unblock a blocked request).

Filter updates now use HTTPS instead of HTTP, which should solve many of the known issues, especially with background filter updates. Please pay close attention to this, as we want to be 100% sure this problem is fixed, and let us know if you suspect that it isn't.

Also, we continue to improve our app in terms of accessibility to blind users and users with a visual impairment. There used to be problems with enabling filtering by DNS using Voiceover - now there will be none.

Besides that, the overall stability of DNS filtering mode was improved.

2. ganja24

ganja24 Beta Tester

I test flighted the first version, am i still qualified to get new beta automatically through test flight or do i have to PM you a request? Thanks

3. vasily_bagirov

@ganja24 yes, you are still eligible. I think you should get the access to latest beta automatically, but let me know of your Apple ID so I could doublecheck if you are invited to TestFlight.

4. ganja24

ganja24 Beta Tester

Ok I will PM you my Apple ID

5. vasily_bagirov

New beta has been released, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.