Adguard Pro iPhone 6s

bundyal

I have bought Adguard a couple of months ago.
But i still have an issue on my iPhone with ios 12.0.1.
If i put Adguard Pro on, it disabled my Wifi.
And if i disable Adguard my wifi goes on.
Do you have a fix for me please.

M

myMoon

@bundyal

Hello!

Open AdGuard - Advanced settings - Split-Tunnel - Enable. Also, there is an option "Restart when Network changes" - try to enable/disable it.

M

myMoon

VPN is a filtering method, so it starts locally, on your mobile device. This is not the same as for example, NordVPN.

bundyal

Ok thank you, i shall test it.
But 1 question about the VPN, if i look at http://www.whatsmyip.info/ than i have the same ipadress, is that correct ?
Open AdGuard - Advanced settings - Split-Tunnel - Enable. Also, there is an option "Restart when Network changes" - try to enable/disable it.
This is not working, If i enable Privacy,Status on, than i have no Wifi anymore.

M

myMoon

Can you record a short clip with the issue? (via Screen recorder)

M

myMoon

Now I see. We have the same issue on a Github.

iOS 12 have a lot of network problems, can you try to update to 12.1 and check again?

M

myMoon

@bundyal

We have a similar report like this. Unfortunately, we cannot manage this through updates because of this article. We are working now on a new application and soon we will release it.

bundyal

@bundyal

We have a similar report like this. Unfortunately, we cannot manage this through updates because of this article. We are working now on a new application and soon we will release it.
Will I get that new paid application which will be released later than free from you?
Maybe i can test it for you.
Because I can not use this Adguard Pro well.

M

myMoon

@bundyal

For now, it's hard to tell. You've got the app you paid for, we cannot guarantee that Apple will let us publish/push updates for our app in their store as it is, but be sure that our new application is coming and I really hope you can enjoy it.

bundyal

@bundyal

For now, it's hard to tell. You've got the app you paid for, we cannot guarantee that Apple will let us publish/push updates for our app in their store as it is, but be sure that our new application is coming and I really hope you can enjoy it.
When does the new application come out?
And what is the name of the app.

Morku

Sorry if I adopt the thread, don't want create a new.

I have read, Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 also install VPN solution to push their DNS to all known networks on your phone: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/id1423538627 Last update this year and month.

So Apple allow again apps to change VPN? I mean, in theoretic way, Cloudflare is also "filtering" to allow connections. Maybe there is hope to push new updates?

And if it is still impossible... how about incluse VPN filtering partial, like "when you enable VPN filtering, you have to set the VPN settings manually on your phone" and link to the tutorial. Is this also forbidden?

M

myMoon

@Morku

It's complicated. This can be decided only by Apple. True, some of the apps passed, but most of them are not. We don't support a full VPN (its basis lies locally), the last thing is to do - just wait, soon the new app for iOS will be ready.

ReamsX

I known that the app which was called “Luna” seems to be passed Apple’s policy. It can block ads well, so I still trust Adguard and I hope new adguard app will come soon. Please inform when it’ release.

M

myMoon

@ReamsX

Our iOS devs working hard and ASAP new version will be available, I guess we will post about it in our blog. You wouldn't miss this event :)

ReamsX

@ReamsX

Our iOS devs working hard and ASAP new version will be available, I guess we will post about it in our blog. You wouldn't miss this event :)
“Luna” is the new app of old app which was called “adblock for ios”. Now it can block ads in youtube app with root certificate. But, it just auto block ads in app and doesn’t have any choice for manual block ads like adguard pro. So I think if new adguard pro can be added root certificate for blocking ads in youtube app and keeping manual block ads, it’s amazing. Please note that in the instrodue app, they were not mentioned any information that relate to ads block but always said about vpn, security, malware... maybe new tactic for passing Apple's policy? :v

Last edited: