AdGuard Pro (just updated after a year) vs New AdGuard 3.0

Quoi

Long story short, what’s the difference if any between these two releases? As far as I am aware the new Adguard is (will be after the transition period) subscription based. The former Adguard Pro was a one off purchase.

I wouldn’t ordinarily raise this matter however my interest was piqued following an update to Adguard Pro for the first time in a year!

If someone could point me to the release notes detailing the differences that would be fab,

Ta.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
3.0 can be used with mobile lifetime license too, not only subscription. Current pro users can request a free 6 month license.

3.0 can use 5x 50k filter rules ( divided by different sections like Ads, Annoyances etc.), while Pro can only use 50k.

Quoi

Thanks for the reply.

I asked because other Pro users may ask similar questions and not be aware of the differences between the two variants, especially in light of the recent update to Pro.

Dave009

3.0 can be used with mobile lifetime license too, not only subscription. Current pro users can request a free 6 month license.
Well, I'm still confused. I only see AdGuard Pro in App Store. And my lifetime licence for Pro entitles me to only 6 months use of AdGuard 3. What is the benefit? Ongoing support?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
There was a blog post about this: https://adguard.com/en/blog/adguard-pro-is-back.html

Long story short, AG Pro for iOS is a year 'behind' the current AG for iOS and will have to be updated to "catch up" with the non-Pro version. The Pro version has system-wide ad blocking, while the current non-Pro version doesn't. Now that AG Pro for iOS can be updated again, they'll have to think of new features to add (in addition to porting the ones in the non-Pro version).