Adguard Pro on iOS slow or no internet at all

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
Adguard Pro for iOS seems to cut off my internet at times. I first noticed it in the News app where sometimes I couldn't connect to a story, or it would be extremely slow. But I've also noticed it for a lot of other internet using apps such as Safari, Netspeed and Find my phone. No rhyme or reason, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and I can directly correlate turning off the Adguard DNS and the internet working again full speed. This has happened over wifi as well as LTE. From what I understand the Pro version works again with the only caveat is its limitation in filters, although you guys still have a sticky up with very old and outdated information.

Any advice? I know the standard advice is to get a regular adguard subscription, but I'm disappointed that I paid for this app and it's not really being worked on as much as the subscription version.

Edit: this is on iOS 13.1.3. It seemed to run great on 13.1, but I may just not have had that installed long enough to see any issues. I'd be glad to beta test anything.

Edit: To add more info, internet connection just seems wonky with Adguard Pro enabled. For example sometimes the News app won't connect at all, other times it will only connect text/links but no graphics will render and I can see the VPN flashing in the taskbar forever. Same thing with music streaming apps, they will say no internet and that VPN will just sit there flashing forever until I toggle Adguard Pro off. Safari sometimes works but runs much more slowly than normal, other times it doesn't work with the VPN flashing. Same with the mail app.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello!
It would be nice if you could "catch" the problem, collect the logs and send them to PM.
If you purchased AdGuard PRO from me, you can send me a confirmation of your purchase. I will give you a 6-month license key for the premium version of AdGuard.

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
Hello!
It would be nice if you could "catch" the problem, collect the logs and send them to PM.
If you purchased AdGuard PRO from me, you can send me a confirmation of your purchase. I will give you a 6-month license key for the premium version of AdGuard.
Thanks, I will for sure collect the logs. It's easy to replicate, it happens almost every time. On the license I have to be honest and say that's a bit disappointing as I paid for the lifetime version of Pro. I know you guys switched to a subscription model, but I'm still bummed that my lifetime license is going to be deprecated. Just food for thought from a loyal user who has purchased multiple licenses.

Also I seem to remember a post a while ago that Pro would be re-released with some of the new features, is that still in the works? Or are us Pro users out of luck?