AdGuard Pro + ProtonVPN

Abby

Beta Tester
Hi, I have a problem with current use Adguard Pro and ProtonVPN on iOS (actually 14.3). If I activate AdGuard Pro both options (Safari Protection and DNS Protection) and activate ProtonVPN, internet not working, both wifi and mobile data. If I deactivate DNS Protection, internet working, but not blocking ads...
Help me please. I would like use both services. Thank you.

AlexHL

I think I have a similar issue with both Adguard Pro and ProtonVPN. Every time I turn on my phone it doesn't auto connect to my wifi. I have to go through the process off turning off Adguard DNS, turn off ProtonVPN, turn on Aduard DNS and turn on ProtonVPN, in order to get wifi working. Is there a way to get it to autoconnect when you're using Adguard DNS filtering and a VPN?

Abby

Beta Tester
No, I have an other problem. If I activate ProtonVPN + AdGuard, internet is working until I change the connection type (wifi to 4G/4G to wifi). After change, web browser not working and tell, that problem with DNS (A server with the specified hostname could not be found. NSURLErrorDomain). Mail or Twitter working correctly. I`m activating flight mode and deactivating back and internet in web browser works normally again.

BTW if I deactivated DNS security, AdGuard + ProtonVPN working normal, but much more ads is not blocked...

Nuro

I have the same problem. I'm using ProtonVPN with DNS Protection, server "AdGuard DNS". It's kinda hit or miss whenever it's working or not. From what I experienced so far: If I set AdGuard DNS server to either "Regular" or "DNSCrypt", in 95% cases internet works just fine (if it doesn't, I just set server to "DNSCrypt" again) and switching between WiFi and cellular does not cause any problems with browsing net. If I switch server to "DNS-over-{anything}" (remaining last 3 options), it usually doesn't work and if I change connection between WiFi and Cellular, I lose ability to load any webpage if internet was working fine earlier. Tested on iOS/iPadOS 14.3/14.4.