AdGuard Pro ...

Al-Muftah

Hello everyone
I am new AgGuard Pro user after using the free version for some time, but really I got lost and done know how manage to to use it since I aim to block in-app ads but still have some

my current setting are
- DNS Settings: System Default
- Privacy Settings: None (I don't understand what is this for?)
- Filters: English, Spaywar, Socialmedia, mobile Ads filter, safari filters

also on DNS Requests Log I notice that some domain on Orange color (Tracker Detected) should I block those ??

Can you suggest other settings to work best for me ?

zebrum

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Al-Muftah

@Al-Muftah hello!

A couple of days ago I answered the same question how to set up AdGuard Pro. Please read this topic: https://forum.adguard.com/index.php?threads/bought-adguard-pro-for-iphone-and-lost.28776/

Trackers are marked yellow color in DNS requests log. Basically it means that they were detected, not blocked. Due to Apple policy we can not interfere with other apps, but you can decide for yourself if you want to block those requests.
Thank you for the useful topic. and for the trackers how I can not decide which should I block I don't know what they are for
yui.yahooapis.com
settings.crashlytics.com
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

and some are for a famous domain
yahoo.com
google.com

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Al-Muftah it is in large part a process of trial and error. For 'big' domains like google.com it is clear that blocking them will have significant consequences. For less obvious domains (like in your example) it can be complicated. It very much depends on a specific case, no general rule here.