Adguard problema Huawei Mate 10 Android Oreo.

m8d16

Hello, I have a problem with the application in the new mobile. Every time there is a change of WiFi a 4G or 4G a WiFi you stop, I have to enter again to activate it. The mobile is a Huawei mate 10, I have given all the permissions on drums and multitasking to stay active but there is no way, as long as you do not change the connection is no problem, how much I leave the house and I run out of WiFi se for Exguard. The operating system is Oreo

UMX

a detailled log was surely pretty helpful:
- delete adguard.log (for privacy reasons)
- enable "record everything" in settings, advanced
- disable wifi
- wait for AG to stop
- reset logging to normal
- post (zipped) log here

UMX

thx, but :(
a log *only* containing the 1 minute it happens helped way more.
who's supposed to search through 1.4MB, 50 minutes?

Mind to provide one *only* containing the relevant data? Just delete, enable detailled logging, switch off WiFi, wait for AG to not start again (max 1 min), disable detailed logging, zip&post...

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@m8d16 got your log file, thank you!

It seems that the real cause of this issue is somewhere inside of the firmware, and to troubleshoot we need to go deeper and acquire the system log.

Here is what we need:
1. Switch the logging level back to default in AdGuard (we don't need to "record everything" this time)
2. Reproduce the issue
3. Grab the logcat log: https://kb.adguard.com/en/android/solving-problems/logcat

I'll need both files.

Meanwhile, the temporary solution would be to disable VPN reconfiguration. Go to settings -> advanced -> low-level -> find pref.vpn.disable.reconfigure and enable it.

m8d16

@m8d16

Meanwhile, the temporary solution would be to disable VPN reconfiguration. Go to settings -> advanced -> low-level -> find pref.vpn.disable.reconfigure and enable it.
With this setting it takes days without failing, now it is working correctly.

Thank you very much!

Do you still need the logcat ??

I'm having the exact same issue. It's still happening after the latest Firmware Update (8.0.0.127).
It pretty much happens all the time when leaving WiFi range. Which also means that it mostly happens when I leave the house long enough to not get a useful logcat in time after. I just tried to pull mine and it was way too short of a timeframe.

I increased the buffer and will try again.

I'm completely unable to reproduce it while the screen is one. Manually toggling WiFi does nothing unexpected, everything is working fine.

This either has something to do with switching network cells or simply with Huawei's battery management (out of which AdGuard has naturally been fully excluded). I've never seen it happen when the screen is on.

Last edited:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This either has something to do with switching network cells or simply with Huawei's battery management (out of which AdGuard has naturally been fully excluded). I've never seen it happen when the screen is on.
Why in the world every manufacturer thinks it's better at battery management than Google. Makes me so sad every time.

Huawei's "AI supported" battery manager is probably one of the most aggressive I have ever seen. It sits on top of Google's Doze and is configured in a totally different location. Excluding an app form all battery management is quite the task. But I did just that with Adguard, to no avail.

Anyway, I finally managed to record a logcat that should show the behavior. Will try to send it to you via PM, together with the matching AdGuard logs.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I was too busy last days and didn't have time to take a look.

I've updated the task with some relevant info on the issue:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForAndroid/issues/1594

I have some ideas, I'll try to prepare a couple of test builds later.
Meanwhile, the temporary solution would be to disable VPN reconfiguration.

Please note that we have long New Year vacations so it will take some time.

Thank you so much. No worries. Looks like you're already well into tracking down the issue.

I'm just glad it'll be resolved eventually.

Happy Holidays.

P.S.: What does VPN reconfigure do anyway if AdGuard works well (in this case better) than without?

@Revertron - I'm not op but I'll give it a shot. I updated and switched reconfigure back on. I should be able to tell within the next 24h-48h if it resolves the issue.

@avatar - Wouldn't it make sense to not reconfigure by default on the Android versions where it's no longer necessary, then? Sounds like a waste of energy.