AdGuard process showed unusual CPU usage for a long time.

m_makino

New Member
I started a computer with AdGuard for Windows installed, locked the screen and left it alone.
Then, when I noticed, the AdGuard process continued to consume about 20% of the CPU usage. At least 2 hours. What could be the cause?

My Surface Pro 6 (18362_20.033.37287), Windows 10 (19041.329 Home), and AdGuard for Windows (7.4.2) are almost always stable and AdGuard uses less than 1% CPU usage.
At the time of occurrence, Firefox (77.0.1) with AdGuard Browser Assistant (1.0.10) enabled was running, but at most 10 active tabs.
To intentionally achieve 20% CPU usage, 200 tabs had to be updated at the same time using the URL of the streaming video service.

When I first saw this, I suspected that AdGuard processing was looping due to my bad configuration.
But, no abnormal network traffic increase or Windows error events were found.

Next, I exported the AdGuard log and searched for the error at the time of occurrence.
I was aware of the problem at the latest before 2020-06-14 16:15:51, but Applicable to ERROR was at most 3 to 4, and the rest were WARNING.

Code:
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 10, 14.06.2020 14:56:05.598, Adguard.Core.Common.Logging.CoreLoggerAdapter | AGUrlRequest: [id=3137] http://ocsp.digicert.com: Error connecting to ocsp.digicert.com:80. Error: 138(Timed out)
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 21, 14.06.2020 12:24:32.084, Adguard.Core.Common.Logging.CoreLoggerAdapter | AGUrlRequest: [id=3130] http://ocsp.digicert.com: Error connecting to ocsp.digicert.com:80. Error: 138(Timed out)
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 40, 14.06.2020 12:22:00.295, Adguard.Core.Common.Logging.CoreLoggerAdapter | AGUrlRequest: [id=3126] http://ocsp.digicert.com: Error connecting to ocsp.digicert.com:80. Error: 138(Timed out)
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 40, 14.06.2020 9:51:14.637, Adguard.Core.Common.Logging.CoreLoggerAdapter | AGUrlRequest: [id=3123] http://ocsp.digicert.com: Error connecting to ocsp.digicert.com:80. Error: 138(Timed out)
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 23, 14.06.2020 5:50:33.637, Adguard.Core.Common.Logging.CoreLoggerAdapter | AGUrlRequest: [id=3121] http://ocsp.digicert.com: Error connecting to ocsp.digicert.com:80. Error: 138(Timed out)

I don't have enough information to find a solution because I can't find a way to reproduce it.
If you have any information or tips to help might this problem, please let us know. Thanks.
 
Top