Adguard protection won't enable. Please help

MRahbek

For some reason since I Updated my adguard yesterday, it won't enable protection.
It says something about a "connection error", but thats about all I can out of it.
Anyone have any ideas

kstornado

I have the same problem. Everything worked until I updated my version of Aduard to the current 6.4.1814.4903 version. I need any ideas also.
Thanks in advance for any help.

SKATEATROUND

My System won't install the update # 6.4.1814.4903. The screen with the version-updates come, i press "update" and now the text "update start..." but nothing effects. The update won't install. My System: WIN10 64 1809.

MRahbek

I have the same problem. Everything worked until I updated my version of Aduard to the current 6.4.1814.4903 version. I need any ideas also.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I have gotten mine to work by downgrading my adguard. So I'm going to wait for the next update.
I have a couple install files from the two earlier versions

MRahbek

My System won't install the update # 6.4.1814.4903. The screen with the version-updates come, i press "update" and now the text "update start..." but nothing effects. The update won't install. My System: WIN10 64 1809.
Maybe you lucky. That's the version we have problems with.

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
Dears,

For this cases, you need to reboot your PCs.

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@kstornado
@MRahbek

Let's try this way out:

Install the latest release build.

Restart your PC.

If for some reason protection won't start check your antiviruses and add AdGuard to the exclusion list. If it won't help then turn AdGuard Off (completely) - run - %programdata% - AdGuard - delete safebrowsing.db - restart your PC and run AdGuard again.

MRahbek

@kstornado
@MRahbek

Let's try this way out:

Install the latest release build.

Restart your PC.

If for some reason protection won't start check your antiviruses and add AdGuard to the exclusion list. If it won't help then turn AdGuard Off (completely) - run - %programdata% - AdGuard - delete safebrowsing.db - restart your PC and run AdGuard again.
I already tried the first, and the the last... I have no idea what that means

I't seems I had to put some exsclusions 3 files instead of 1. It seems to work now.

Last edited: