Adguard question/issues

shokoten

I've used adguard before in the past and again recently with the free trial. In the past i loved it so much and decided to buy it but got a refund due to the issues i had with the program. I haven't encountered any of the issues i had in the past anymore but then again that was after i bought adguard so i'll just have to wait and see. But my number one issue with this at the moment is with google chrome. I kept getting this error every time i tried to watch a video or something using a jw player "This video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 224002)"

Also the issues i had in the past would be the speed the browser took after i bought the license. To better help understand what i mean for example with the free trial adguard would block 6 out of 10 things, right at the sweet spot but when i bought a licence it was more like 8-9 out of 10 i didn't even change any settings or anything all i did was add my license. It blocked so much web pages had trouble loading the browser got extremely slow and it was just an inconvenience to deal with.

My adguard free trial is up again i want to buy it but not with these current problems i am having/had

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@shokoten
Hello!
The problem with video playback may be due to an incorrect combination of filters, stealth-mode settings, and extensions.
You can pre-open the filtering log and reproduce the problem. The log displays a list of blocked requests. So you can understand what exactly blocks and breaks the player.
Or alternatively, you can report the problem to the filter developers, they will help to deal with the situation. (agrd.io/report)
As for slowing down the browser. Try to check on Nightly version, and also, specify do you using any Antiviruses or Firewalls?

shokoten

@shokoten
Hello!
The problem with video playback may be due to an incorrect combination of filters, stealth-mode settings, and extensions.
You can pre-open the filtering log and reproduce the problem. The log displays a list of blocked requests. So you can understand what exactly blocks and breaks the player.
Or alternatively, you can report the problem to the filter developers, they will help to deal with the situation. (agrd.io/report)
As for slowing down the browser. Try to check on Nightly version, and also, specify do you using any Antiviruses or Firewalls?
Just windows defender