ADGUARD Recommended Settings ? (Windows)

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lode you could make a topic here in Adguard for Windows and label it "Return Adguard to DEFAULT settings", point out how to find the setting to accomplish the task and then if a user doesn't find it on front page new topics they can do a forums search and then find their need information.
This is not a good idea. It would be a parasitic topic, which doesn't spark any discussion and will slowly drown unless pinned. And if we would pin it, why not create a big post about settings anyway? And we have different plans for such things, more precisely a new knowledgebase, which will come soon.

Lode

As long as it is findable by searching for "default settings" on this forum, good enough for now.

No need to purposefully hide that short tutorial either I think.

And a new knowledgebase might indeed come in handy to many users. That one line tutorial should easily fit in it. ;)

Gass

This is not a good idea. It would be a parasitic topic, which doesn't spark any discussion and will slowly drown unless pinned. And if we would pin it, why not create a big post about settings anyway? And we have different plans for such things, more precisely a new knowledgebase, which will come soon.
Sorry if my advise to another forum member with concerns - went against any forums policy, as I said before I give my permission to edit or delete in whole anything I submit on the forums.
Gass

Lode

Nothing to feel bad about. You couldn't know, and were helpful to me.

So was Vasili of course.

The threads with this topic will eventually disappear from the front page. But still will be findable through a search for "Default Settings".
And if Vasili's one liner gets included in a new Q&A tutorial, so much the better.

All's well that ends well. :)

Gass

@ anyone in the Adguard Team to knowing of the NEW Knowledgebase that's being in the works (how's that going?).
Will the New Knowledgebase offer it's users that are NEW or the ones not so familiar with all the setting and options
(that can be changed/adjusted in all it's parts),
a knowledge article of and devoted to ADGUARD Recommended Settings beyond the defaults ?
To harden the Adguard program from the default settings or of the detailed explanations as to the Pro's and Con's of each one setting in all of the settings found in the installed Adguard program a user can change?
I'm talking more so - than the little pop-ups informational's given when one hovers over an items settings (?).
These don't advise/offer of what harm or limitations that the setting does affect to a system, surfing, and websites...

That's what a user needs to know at least in full transparency - (as I do)... as opposed to trial and error methods, we're not
beta testers or have their and the founder of the programs knowledge in this !
Thanks, Gass :D

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@ anyone in the Adguard Team to knowing of the NEW Knowledgebase that's being in the works (how's that going?).
I have discussed it just today :) The work is in process, and although I can't say for sure it will be finished soon, we steadily move there.

Will the New Knowledgebase offer it's users ... a knowledge article of and devoted to ADGUARD Recommended Settings beyond the defaults ?
Havent gone that far yet. Currently we are working on more basic things, but even if we release new KB without any 'extra' information, it is not set in stone and can always be supplemented later.

'm talking more so - than the little pop-ups informational's given when one hovers over an items settings (?).
These don't advise/offer of what harm or limitations that the setting does affect to a system, surfing, and websites...
Once you get to the point when you want to know what such things do, you are already among 10% or so :) The majority of users are happy to install Adguard and never touch it again unless some problem occurs. Despite that, I agree that every option presented in the app should be covered in some way in the KB with time.

Gass

I have discussed it just today :) The work is in process, and although I can't say for sure it will be finished soon, we steadily move there.

Havent gone that far yet. Currently we are working on more basic things, but even if we release new KB without any 'extra' information, it is not set in stone and can always be supplemented later.

Once you get to the point when you want to know what such things do, you are already among 10% or so :) The majority of users are happy to install Adguard and never touch it again unless some problem occurs. Despite that, I agree that every option presented in the app should be covered in some way in the KB with time.
@vasily thanks for your answers and it's good to hear progress is being made...

A suggestion (and only a suggestion) is maybe some top beta testers could volunteer to take on an item listed in the stealth mode settings then give a detailed explanations as to the Pro's and Con's of (their selected item) to the settings in regards to be published in the KB with credit given to them for their contribution in it.

About the 10% with knowledge and the ones happy to install Adguard and never touch it again, well this may be true but, if I bought a sports car and it would do 180 mph I would want to at least take it there one in a while, and yes knowing if not on a track somewhere I may face a ticket and license suspension if caught other than on a race track. It's a personal thing to each as you've made it sound.
I see it as more like the cop that wears the body armor and a body camera to protect themselves where their job or personal freedom takes them in being as prepared as they can be for whatever they may come up against of face...
A protected person lives to see another day, instead of being dead or limited (set back) in the arrival of a new day.

It's as always a personal thingy but, why have a governor on a race car then if your not going to break any laws or go to a gun fight with only a knife and cotton clothes to defend yourself? ? ? The web is as dangerous as a gun fight in living to see another functional day with ones system.

Happy to hear from you friend and a good Holiday Season to you and yours
Gass :D