Adguard Shield on my Gmail homepage?

Discussion in 'Discussion (Adguard for Windows)' started by steve1209, Apr 16, 2014.

1. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi All,

Just noticed Adguard put a shield on my Gmail homepage, is that normal?
    Screenshot

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

That's the Adguard Assistant. Yes, it's normal as it *should* appear on all pages (except pages where either where the Assistant is exempt from appearing or perhaps some kind of site bug that's happened in the past). However, you can disable the Assistant by right clicking on the Adguard icon by the clock > Adguard Assistant > uncheck Use Adguard Assistant. Then refresh the page(s) and it should be gone.

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I woudlnt disable the assistant as it disables it on all sites, there is code to hide the assistant but for some reason its not working on google probably need to add multiple domains?? (@@||mail.google.com$jsinject should hide it, but is not) as said though should be on all websites unless an exception is made. Alternativly take boo's advice and disable it on all sites.

4. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Thanks for the replies,

Weird I haven't done anything with the assistant BUT the ONLY web page I see it on is my Gmail inbox, I just looked at every other page I have bookmarked(many many) and it doesn't show on any of them. I don't want to get rid of it, I just saw it on my Gmail inbox webpage and wasn't sure why since it's not on any other webpage I visit.

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Well it should appear on all pages unless its been told not too like on thissite it should be bottom right (or wherever you tell it to appear you end) or lifehacker it shoudl appear.

6. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Well it's not on this forum page here is a screenshot
    I just went to Adguard settings and its default for assistant screenshot
    The only rule I have in user is the one I got for AIM screenshot

Not sure what else to look at?

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I dont know what to say, as long as its turned on in Settings then it should appear (Settings > Use AdGuard Assistant) duno why it would not be showing other than maybe being disabled at some point.

8. Boo Berry

My guess is the forums/main site are probably internally whitelisted so the Assistant won't appear, not sure.

9. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I have assistant on forums *shrugs* main site is whitelisteed though.

10. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

OK,

I have Adguard assistant on only 1 web page, my gmail inbox. I have a WOT Chrome extension installed, could that cause this problem? I was using ABP chrome extension but have since disabled it, what else could cause the AG assistant not to display on all sites?

11. Boo Berry

Have you tried disabling that extension? Adguard has WOT integrated regardless of the browser.

12. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi Boo Berry,

I just disabled WOT extension in Chrome, rebooted to be sure and nothing has changed I get the Adguard assistant icon ONLY on my Gmail inbox and not on any other site I go to, whether bookmarked or random, it does NOT appear....

13. Boo Berry

Odd. Only thing else I know of to try is to clean the browser's cache.

14. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Boo Berry,

I just ran CCleaner for EVERYTHING, nothing left in Chrome, problem still hasn't changed, its weird I can only see the settings icon in my Gmail inbox and not on any other site...

15. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

As Boo says it seems odd you are only getting it on one site, can i suggest going to Settings > Extensions > Check for updates

I know there was an update as mine just updated today when i clicked the icon to 2.0.27, if this does not fix the issue then, i do now know.

16. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

I have 2.0.27

17. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I dont know what else to suggest then, i have it working on Chromium and SR Iron.

18. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi All,

Just tried IE11 and the adguard shield appears on all sites I went to but using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.47 beta-m it doesn't work except on my Gmail inbox page.

Edit: works with Firefox as well all pages, just not Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  19. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Could be with you using a beta version of chrome then, but dont see why their should be an issue will have to see what the dev says.

20. steve1209

steve1209 Beta Tester

Hi Nameless,

I just reverted to the Chrome Stable Channel
    Version 34.0.1847.116 m

Google Chrome is up to date.

The problem is the same, am I the only person using Chrome with AdGuard having this problem, very frustrating?