AdGuard Stealth Mode 'Hide my IP address' and Qbittorrent

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by RedHed, Apr 19, 2018.

1. RedHed

RedHed New Member

Using adguard for windows with the full stealth mode on inc hide my IP address, set to an alt IP address.

Using Qbittorrent with private trackers I find having the hide my ip address on stops private torrents from connecting because the torrent needs to come from the same IP so it can connect to the tracker etc. Turing 'hide my IP address' off and all is good.

My question is, can I somehow have a white list for when not to apply the stealth mode hide my IP address so I can add, say Utorrent or Qbittorrent.

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Well, you could remove qBittorrent from the Filtered Apps list - it shouldn't be there in the first place since there's no ads within that client. uTorrent on the other hand is full of ads and is listed in the Filtered Apps list but honestly I'd personally recommend avoiding using uTorrent if you can. It can cause different other issues, including BSODs due to a bug with uTorrent and Teredo (which AG disables to prevent that issue when using the WFP driver).

Stealth Mode only works on the apps listed in the Filtered Apps section, if qBittorrent isn't there, it shouldn't be an issue with it.

3. RedHed

RedHed New Member

Qbittorrent is not in my Filtered Apps section. But still affected by having 'hide my IP address' checked in the stealth mode section. Checked, private trackers do not work, unchecked they work.

Any other reason this could be happening. I know the private tracker torrents need to be downloaded by the same IP as used in the torrent client. Having the hide my IP address checked with another IP entered stops qbittorrent from connecting with the tracker.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@RedHed sorry for taking so long to reply.

Please try following:

1) Disable filtering altogether, including filtering HTTPS protocol in Network settings.
    2) Remove checkmarks for all apps in "Filtered apps".
    3) Provide a stetp-by-step description of what you do to reproduce the problem. Will you be able to reproduce it under these circumstances?

Also, we'll need debug logs. Restore all settings (enable filtering, enable back filtered apps etc). Right-click on the icon in tray, then go to Advanced -- Logging level -- Debug. Reproduce the problem. Set the logging level back to default. Find and send us the log files (ProgramData\AdGuard\Logs\service).

RedHed likes this.
  5. gustms

gustms New Member

Hi @RedHed , I believe they misunderstood your question, but I think this might help you.

As "Hide my IP" is a stealth option, you could add this to your user filter to whitelist all stealth options for that site:
    Code:
    @@||websiteaddress.com$stealth
    But be advised that his will disable all other stealth options as well (Block webrtc, java, flash, third party cookies, etc).

6. RedHed

RedHed New Member

Thanks for the replies and user filter option. Not sure I'd want to disable all those other options. Is there no way to just add a user filter to just disable 'hide my IP' for a website, not the whole stealth section.

What I find is its a little random, sometimes the website reports my torrent client is connected just fine with hide my IP checked, and other times its not.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. RedHed

RedHed New Member

Would it be possible to just disable one or two options in the stealth mode section. Just turning hide my IP off whilst on this one website, or how every many you need to add etc.