AdGuard storing our IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_

1) I have noticed that Adguard premium tracks our number of activations by using the IP address associated with the device. Thats deeply deeply personal information that can be used to track the address. Adguard should avoid this and usealternative ways to track activations?

2) Moeover by this logic if you use the adguard with its vpn in compatability mode, this means that Adguard will know the IP addrress, because the adgaurd app stores our IP address. This is alarming and bad for privacy.

Can Adguard pls address this issue?

Last edited:

Sam_

Thanks, I asked this question several times thrrough email but no one responded. I mean how can adblock continue to use IP address to track (that you mask the last 3 digit or not does not matter) and it conflicts with your VPN policy of strictly no logs? Convenience over pricacy and security, that should not be a zero sum scenario. For a pricavy focussed service unable to mask the basic IP address, that is very concerning.

You have a great product and people trust it. I hope you will prioritise it and fix it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.