Adguard taking ages to load on boot

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Nick, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick New Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an Oreo issue, or perhaps due to rooting my phone. I've only recently updated to Android 8.0 and I only ran things for a day or two before rooting.

Prior to updating, the issue was not present on Nougat 7.0. Adguard would usually load within a minute of unlocking the phone after booting.

I've checked the pref.boot.startup.delay setting and tried various values, (currently back at the default of 10 seconds) but none seemed to make a difference. If I leave my phone after restarting and unlocking the screen, Adguard can take anywhere between 3-5 minutes to start. I usually have to load the app manually to start it as I get bored of waiting.

I'm using v2.11.81 and all filter lists are up to date.

Could anyone suggest anything to get Adguard loading a bit quicker please?

Thank you :)

2. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Nick

Hello!

Can you try this setting - Settings - Advanced - Watchdog period - 3?

3. Nick

Nick New Member

Thanks for the reply @TheHasagi

I tried your suggestion, but AG was still very slow to start after booting.

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hm, it may be caused by your Android update (8.0)

I have Android 9 onboard (Pixel) so it takes 10-15 seconds to start after the device is restarted (and it's normal).

Also, my watchdog period is set to 0.