AdGuard Taskbar issue

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by Boo Berry, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

I've finally figured out how to reproduce-on-demand the issue where if you minimize the main Adguard window to the taskbar then right click on the taskbar item > Close window, the Adguard taskbar item gets stuck (it's closed but the taskbar item isn't killed - the workaround when this happens is to right click on the system tray icon > Open Adguard).

Steps to reproduce;

1) Open the main Adguard window.

2) Press the minimize button (minimizing it to the taskbar).

3) Right click on Adguard in the taskbar and select Close window.

4) Adguard taskbar instance is still there, even though the main window is closed. You can't restore the window upon clicking nor close it by again right clicking and selecting Close window.

2. mysteriously

mysteriously Beta Tester & Translator

Yes, I also was able to reproduce. When clicked on "Close window" taskbar instance is still there but I'm able to restore the window upon clicking twice (not double click).

Also second bug to do not create new similar thread: "Adguard 5 Protection Enabled" tooltip stays on screen. Place your taskbar on the left, lock it. If you hover on adguard taskbar icon or try to reproduce bug posted by Boo Berry you will see Adguard tooltip stays in the left upper corner on the screen. It stays when Adguard taskbar icon looses focus. Even if you switch to other applications, the tooltip stays on the top. It's a bit tricky because it happens only once per logging in. I'll attach a screenshoot soon

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

That is kind of what is happening on my laptop other than i dont right click and click close. I just minimize it and can not maximize it without clicking the icon next to the time, their only really seems to be me with the issue though so its not a big deal.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thank you @Boo!

We'll soon release second patch for Adguard 5.10 including fix for this issue.

Meanwhile Adguard 6 development goes really slow, I've failed to show UI preview video, just not ready yet:(.

5. Boo Berry

No problem!

Take your time, it'll be worth it. ;)

6. mysteriously

Promised screenshoots:
    Desktop
    [​IMG]
    Youtube fullscreen
    [​IMG]
    Potplayer fullscreen
    [​IMG]

7. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Booo! Sack him! haha
    No problem, look forward to it anyway, least were not waiting 2, 3 or even 4 years for the dev to reply ;)

8. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Got it, thank you!

9. Boo Berry

I still randomly see the tooltip getting stuck in the top left corner.

10. mysteriously

Yes, me too :p