AdGuard the UnFilterer in online filter bubbles - Internet Savior

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Gass, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Gass

Gass Member

Adguard's program is right now only showing a bit of it's possibility, (liken to an iceberg) only showing us the tip, I feel it can be far greater than it is and deserve more of fee when it's more useful to our web/internet lives.
    When it's authors and talent come to understand just how much more this fantastic ideal and platform can venture into and grow beyond, with a new found ability of un-encompassing each of our own personal web/internet space. As it's now predetermined from algorithms of our past interactions with search engines and websites.
    If only Adguard can make us all become and seen as a neutral state when we go online, (burst our internet filter bubbles) as the web engines and sites serves itself up to us now in a small window - it thinks we want.

I don't know if "Stealth Mode" can be adapted or advanced in as much to counter these algorithms that the search engines have come to dish up our web experiences from our past activity in these small windows to us in their self serving purposes of contents. If not Stealth Mode, then branch out in another program that is to work along side with Adguard making this possible.
    That's a roadmap I'd like to see Adguard blaze a path on sometime soon. :)

Resource and inspiration of my topic:
    Eli Pariser, His book The Filter Bubble , he asks how modern search tools -- the filter by which many of see the wider world -- are getting better and better and screening the wider world from us, by returning only the search results it "thinks" we want to see.

As web companies strive to tailor their services (including news and search results) to our personal tastes, there's a dangerous unintended consequence: We get trapped in a "filter bubble" and don't get exposed to information that could challenge or broaden our worldview. Eli Pariser argues powerfully that this will ultimately prove to be bad for us and bad for democracy.

Q: How does money fit into this picture?

A: The rush to build the filter bubble is absolutely driven by commercial interests. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that if you want to have lots of people use your website, you need to provide them with personally relevant information, and if you want to make the most money on ads, you need to provide them with relevant ads. This has triggered a personal information gold rush, in which the major companies – Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Yahoo, and the like – are competing to create the most comprehensive portrait of each of us to drive personalized products. There’s also a whole “behavior market” opening up in which every action you take online – every mouse click, every form entry – can be sold as a commodity.

Beware online "filter bubbles": (9 minute Vid)
    http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles#t-480508

Personal Profile: http://www.ted.com/speakers/eli_pariser

Thanks for reading my words.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016