Adguard turns off by itself

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Misteurz, Dec 18, 2018.

1. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Gagome

No, those settings should be set to true. Keep me in touch, please.

2. Gagome

Gagome New Member

I found some relation between "Adguard is ended" to "screen lock automatically after some time of inactivity".
    To be more precise:

When I lock the phone pressing the power button Adguard always stays active.
    When I let the phone lock automatically after the idle timeout setup in Display settings Adguard is always ended by Android (or crashes; I don't know).

This behaviour is absolutely consistent. I can reproduce it every time I want to.

So, the conclusion is to never let the phone lock itself automatically. I always lock it now pressing the Power button and Adguard never ends.

Is this probably a bug in Android Pie on Nokia 8? Or some kind of interaction caused from Adguard when the phone locks itself?
    Is there some workaround possible?

3. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

@Gagome

Looks like a bug of Android on Nokia mobile devices. If you followed the steps right (added to the exclusion list of battery savers and optimization processes) this shouldn't happen. Please, make sure you switched off battery optimization for AdGuard in the settings.

P.S.
    If you install AdGuard on SDcards it may cause such issues (VPN apps works unstable if installed into non-internal devices).

4. Gagome

Gagome New Member

I have switched off battery optimizaton for Adguard.
    And Adguard is not installed on the SDcard because I don't have any SDcard installed.

It looks like I can only wait for an Android update.