AdGuard v2.6 for Mac (RC)

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
The release candidate can only mean one thing — the release version is coming. In this RC, we’ve updated CoreLibs and polished things up.
So buckle up and prepare for the new version of AdGuard for Mac, it’s on the way!

Changelog

[Other] Updated CoreLibs to v1.8.199 [#952]

This version on GitHub
Download via direct link

twynne

Updated this morning, now Adguard reports every website has an expired root certificate (including this site!)

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
@twynne

Hello!

Sad to hear it.
To resolve the specified issue you should open the keychain access and delete AdGuard root certificate.
Then open AdGuard app -> Network -> AdGuard Root Certificate -> Export ->Install cert -> Open it in Keychain -> Trust - Always trust.

twynne

@twynne

Hello!

Sad to hear it.
To resolve the specified issue you should open the keychain access and delete AdGuard root certificate.
Then open AdGuard app -> Network -> AdGuard Root Certificate -> Export ->Install cert -> Open it in Keychain -> Trust - Always trust.
I'm afraid that's not working either. I can delete the existing certificate from keychain, but going to Adguard > Preferences > Network (Enable Filter HTTPS protocol), clicking the AdGuard Root Certificate button does nothing.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
And please try to open the filter log and after that visit, several sites, will the entries record into the log?

Also, to troubleshoot this issue, we need to get the app logs.

Here's what we need you to do:

1. Click AdGuard icon in the menu bar --> Gear --> Advanced --> Logging level --> Debug;
2. Reproduce the issue and remember the exact time it happened;
3. Menu --> Advanced --> Export Logs and System Info...;
4. Send the archive to me at PM.

Naylya

Support
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @twynne ,

Please also try the following:
  1. Disable AdGuard app.
  2. Open the terminal type the following command and press Return:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/com.adguard.mac.adguard
  3. Enable AdGuard.

twynne

Tried all of the above, nothing makes any difference. I'm seeing nothing in the filtering log, and on every site Adguard still complains about the root certificate expiry. Whilst trying to gather logs, Adguard also crashed, so I've no idea if anything useful was captured. Will share with you by PM.

Tranel

Update: I downloaded the latest nightly and reinstalled without deinstalling the same version before. But however, now it works.

Hi
I am using/testing the latest macOS public beta (12.0 Beta (21A5543b)). Unfortunately AdGuard does not work, even with the latest build (2.6.0.1033 nightly (CL-1.8.199, DNS-1.6.52)). I always get the message that some AdGuard services are not properly started. Is there a solution?

Last edited:

twynne

Update: I downloaded the latest nightly and reinstalled without deinstalling the same version before. But however, now it works.

Hi
I am using/testing the latest macOS public beta (12.0 Beta (21A5543b)). Unfortunately AdGuard does not work, even with the latest build (2.6.0.1033 nightly (CL-1.8.199, DNS-1.6.52)). I always get the message that some AdGuard services are not properly started. Is there a solution?
I just tried this, and it still won't work for me. Still complains about the root certificate in Safari.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Extremely strange behaviour.

Also, you should try to open AdGuard menu -> Gear -> Advacned -> Reset settings -> this action should install a fresh security certificate