Adguard VPN for Windows 1.1.1 fails to disconnect.

Why are there no subforums for the VPN clients, by the way?

I'm quite happy with Adguard VPN - it's fast, generally works great and connects really quickly. Works great on Android as well.

But the Windows VPN client frequently fails to disconnect. It's stuck on "disconnecting ...", the VPN connection remains connected and functional and it's impossible to get it out of this state without manually killing the AdGuardVPN-Service.
That's a really irritating bug.

Is this a know issue and is there any workaround?

Alexey Kulagin

Support
Staff member
Administrator
Why are there no subforums for the VPN clients, by the way?

I'm quite happy with Adguard VPN - it's fast, generally works great and connects really quickly. Works great on Android as well.

But the Windows VPN client frequently fails to disconnect. It's stuck on "disconnecting ...", the VPN connection remains connected and functional and it's impossible to get it out of this state without manually killing the AdGuardVPN-Service.
That's a really irritating bug.

Is this a know issue and is there any workaround?
Hello!

The problem has been fixed in the Nightly version, check it please.

Thanks, I followed your instructions and replaced the file. The result is, sadly, unchanged: everything works just fine, disconnecting does not and gets stuck.

Alexey Kulagin

Support
Staff member
Administrator
Well, in this case we need process dumps of AdguardVpn.exe and AdguardVpnSvc.exe when the program hangs (please send them to me by private message or here).
To do this, click on the process (in Task Manager) and select `Create dump file` from the dropdown menu.

Also, please specify the VPN version you are currently using. Thanks!

I assume you mean AdguardVpn.exe and AdGuardSvc.exe and not Adguard.exe?

The issue happens with and without Adguard installed. It happens to me in:

AdGuardVPN 1.1.366.0
AdGuardVPN 1.1.366.0 plus the AGIpHelperClose.dll from above.
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.392.0
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.392.0 plus the AGIpHelperClose.dll you had sent to me via DM.
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.408.0

The issue is 100% the same in all of them.

I'll send you dump files.

Alexey Kulagin

Support
Staff member
Administrator
I assume you mean AdguardVpn.exe and AdGuardSvc.exe and not Adguard.exe?

The issue happens with and without Adguard installed. It happens to me in:

AdGuardVPN 1.1.366.0
AdGuardVPN 1.1.366.0 plus the AGIpHelperClose.dll from above.
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.392.0
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.392.0 plus the AGIpHelperClose.dll you had sent to me via DM.
AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.408.0

The issue is 100% the same in all of them.

I'll send you dump files.
Yes, as we're talking about AdGuard VPN - we need dumps of AdGuard VPN (and service) specifically.
The screenshot is for AdGuard (by analogy you should do the same but for AdGuard VPN). Thanks, we'll be waiting!

alex3772

oh, thanks for this!
i will try... but this happens not in 100% times. seems like only when some traffic is going...
so i am not sure how long it will take to test...

nightly version just crashes on connect attempt

I uploaded another set of dump files.
For me, the disconnect failure is 100% reproducible.
I see no visible changes AdGuardVPN Nightly v1.2.408.0 from the 1.1 stable builds. Connects just fine, doesn't disconnect.

alex3772

i have uninstalled adguard and installed it back (did not touch settings). now seems crash is gone and disconnect works fine. at least it was not reproduced in about 10-15 times... thanks...