Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by mllopes, Mar 21, 2014.
What are the major diferences between this two programs?
Besides the pay vs free thing? Well these are a few of the major ones...
1) Adfender doesn't support HTTPS filtering, Adguard does.
2) Adfender doesn't filter Internet Explorer 11 in Enhanced Protected Mode/64-bit, nor is it capable of filtering the Modern UI Internet Explorer, Adguard can and does.
3) Adfender doesn't support userscripts (extensions), Adguard does.
3) Adfender doesn't implement parental controls, malicious website blocking along with the Web Of Trust integration for safer web surfing, Adguard does.
That's just a handful of the major differences between the two off the top of my head.
Regarding your other topic regarding a discount, you should send a forum PM to avatar - he might be able to work something out for you. Keep in mind he's busy and in another part of the world, so it may take a few days to receive a reply.
Well, it technically does through I.E proxy setting and allowing metro apps loopback. In fact, this was the way I use to filter metro app before discovering Adguard
In my pre-Adguard days I used to use Adfender. What was a pain for me:
1) No HTTPS filtering
2) No "Add Browser" Option
3) Less Compatible Browsers
4)Usually doesn't block over half of the ads on a site
5) Uses Adblock Plus filters, so really no difference from Adblock Plus other than the "acceptable-ads"
The above is all false for Adguard. Adguard uses their own filters instead of borrowed ones