Adguard vs Adguard PRO

Atraban

Hello everyone,

I've been using Adguard for Mac since October, & I'm VERY happy with it. That's why I wanna get Adguard for iOS, question is, upgrading Adguard free to Premium(lifetime) costs 13$ but Adguard Pro is 2$. What are the differences between them and which one should I use, and I've read somewhere that Adguard developers, stoped updating Adguard Pro because Apple doesn't let them to block system wide, free Adguard works good with Safari,the only reason I wanna get Premium or PRO is to be able to block systemwide ads.

Thanks

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, dear @Atraban

AdGuard PRO will be updated and become the same as the regular ag version (with unlocked premium features for the year subscription or something like this).
In order for this to happen, we should first update the regular version and add system-wide blocking functionality there.
This is what we're working on right now.

So I think you better buy a lifetime license for AdGuard Premium.

Trumpsaduck

Is the lifetime license for Adguard Pro able to be purchased in-app? And what about my regular purchase? Let it expire first?

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
In the PRO version, as far as I remember, only a one-time lifetime license is available.
I would recommend you to wait a little longer and not rush purchases. A big update is expected in the coming months.

mjeshurun

Hello, dear @Atraban

AdGuard PRO will be updated and become the same as the regular ag version (with unlocked premium features for the year subscription or something like this).
In order for this to happen, we should first update the regular version and add system-wide blocking functionality there.
This is what we're working on right now.

So I think you better buy a lifetime license for AdGuard Premium.
Hi @Chinaski
I recently purchased Adguard Pro for iOS.
From your answer it sounds like, once Adguard Pro is updated and becomes the same as regular Adguard, we will lose the pro features we are entitled to in the Pro iOS app after a certain amount of time.
Is that the case?
Do you mean you will limit the time we have to enjoy our Pro benefits?
That sucks, because we bought the pro app thinking the pro benefits will not expire.
Why not give all early pro users lifetime benefits to the premium version? This solution seems more honest and will enable us to keep the benefits we paid for.
Enpass did exactly as I suggested when they switched to a subscription model. All early Enpass purchasers got lifetime premium benefits for free.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello there, @mjeshurun!
I'm in a hurry to cheer you up with some good news.
It was finally decided that all PRO version owners will receive a free lifetime license after migration :)

mjeshurun

Hello there, @mjeshurun!
I'm in a hurry to cheer you up with some good news.
It was finally decided that all PRO version owners will receive a free lifetime license after migration :)
Wonderful news indeed! :)
I salute this decision and your costumer service policies

Last edited: