AdGuard vs. TomTom Go Mobile app

Sven Behring

Hi all,
I am using Adguard 2.1 (2.1.267) on my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910F, Androi 6.0.1) and it is a perfect app!

My current Adguard configuration is:
- Local HTTP Proxy
- proxy port 8080
- manual proxy mode
- I have manual edited the APN settings (proxy 127.0.0.1, port 8080).

Everything works perfect, but:

When I update Adguard to the 2.5 version (I also tried the latest 2.6 version) I have problem with my TomTom Go Mobile app - the app can connect to the tomtom servers, MyDriveSync works OK, I can download maps, but it is not possible to use live traffic - it looks like no connection is available.

I tried everything (disable firewall, set local http proxy and ports again, disable all block filters...). Only solution for now is to go back to the version 2.1. (When I uninstall version 2.5 or 2.6 and return to version 2.1, everything works ok again.)

Did I something wrong or could it be some bug in the Adguard app?

Thank you for help.

Kind regards,

Sven

freshhh

Same for me "The App cannot connect to TomTom. Check..."
TomTom Go Mobile v1.11 Build 1555

Note: no proxy used but https filtering enabled

Edit: it seems not to be AdGuard related, even off it does not work ;-)

Reason might be an incompatibility with most chinese smartphones (too long serial >12 numbers).

Last edited:

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
@Sven Behring
@freshhh

I'm afraid we have no luck in reproducing the problem so far, could you please assist us and gather a full log on your devices? Also, please update to the latest beta version 2.7 (www.adguard.com/apkb)
1. Switch "Logging level" to "Record everything" in Adguard's advanced settings.
2. Reproduce the issue.
3. Switch "Logging level" back to default.
4. Send us a message from the app and specify the exact time when it happened (select "Send feedback" in the app menu).

freshhh

@Sven Behring
@freshhh

I'm afraid we have no luck in reproducing the problem so far, could you please assist us and gather a full log on your devices? Also, please update to the latest beta version 2.7 (www.adguard.com/apkb)

Sorry I don't use latest AdGuard anymore because version 2.7.220 ruined everything with the new lame "Firewall" poorly designed. A Firewall should allow us to block all apps 4G data by default like it was before and so the end user may pick only few apps allowed to use 4G data. Now it's way too time consuming (too much clicking to do this task when we have hundred of apps).
You really should hire someone who knows how to do a clever interface!

freshhh

Sorry for being out of topic but it your solution is to disable cellular for all apps ok but we are not able after this step to enable only a bunch of apps to use cell...

Also you should add a way to sort Apps (by most used apps / by name / by last time updated / by installed on / ...)

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
@freshhh
This is not a solution, I'm just trying to tell you that nothing has actually changed.
You are able to do that.
You still have the default settings for firewall, so you can disable cell for all apps and then you can go to "Settings" - "Apps and Statistics" and enable cell for particular apps.

Glassertje

I have the same problem, but i don't use the mobile TomTom app, but i have a TomTom Go50. I get my traffic information via Bluetooth tethering. If Adguard is enabled and i turn on my TomTom, there is no connection whit the TomTom services. If i disable Adguard for a moment the connection is working as it should be. After that i can turn Adguard back on and the connection is still working, till my phone loses the connection whit my phone. After that i must disable Adguard again.

Adguard version: 2.7.220