Adguard /w Adguard VPN

Zell

Is there any solution guys to be able to use adguard, while setting kill switch mode active in adguard vpn? As soon as I hit always on/block without connection settings in android 10, I'm unable to start adguard - simply saying it just closes straight after, because there can only be one active connection at the time...

Without kill switch mode active, they're communicating each other just fine.

Last edited:

TimTheFirst

Huh, my killswitch doesn't work. It tells me that I have to enable ad vpn at least once for it to work. But it's up and running.....!
No response from the devs either. Yet it works chrome can't work out what country I'm in..

TimTheFirst

Oh thanks very much! I did as you advised and also block without VPN so we shall see what transpires! Thank you so much for that gem! Have a great day

Flipmode

I find it already blocks my connection after VPN stalls. No internet connection. Must start VPN again, to be able to access intent. Kill Switch is off.
So must start (or start and stop) VPN, so you can gain internet connectivity.

Galaxy S7 Edge, SM-G935L, 8.0.0, stock, no root, etc.

TimTheFirst

Ah so, my S20+ is running Android 11 and it won't connect if i chose "block without VPN".
Not sure what happens if the VPN stops tho...

Flipmode

Just do it manually and eliminate any confusion or assumptions.
Write down step-by-step what you do, and also write what you want it to do by that stage.

Emily0

Is there a forum for vpn for adguard?

I'd like to learn how effective the vpn service is
- Is it detected by any sites "you are using a vpn*

- And what is the maximum through put for the connection
Eg If your have 50mbit connection, what will my speed be, approximatlye ?

- Flip mode is the vpn service or connection stable?? How often unstable?

TimTheFirst

Well, the adguard vpn i have is still in beta, but it works well, whatever country i choose, that's where my browsers think i am. I had no indication that any sites know its a vpn.
Speed depends on location and traffic, it's 40ms to Sydney currently and around 350 to European servers...
It seems to work well, my only beef is that if the connection is lost, the vpn doesn't reconnect!
But again, it's so in beta and I'm sure they will rectify that eventually...

Flipmode

Hi, I don't know if there is a forum for AdGuard VPN. Try and search and look for categories. Or open the app and click support.

For me, it randomly disconnects and won't re-establish the connection.
I'm not used to having to think about a VPN connection to another country, so I turn AdGuard off and on... Nothing.
Turn WiFi off and on.
Turn mobile data off and on.
Cannot connect.
Reboot phone - now working!

Maybe AdGuard VPN is causing issues as OS is putting it to sleep? Might have to select no power saving for the app?

Detection?
Yes, I have had dozens of issues with sites detecting the IP address belonging to a VPN and have made several requests to AdGuard to purchase new IPs and release old ones.
Netflix, Amazon & Stan were the first services I tried with and FAILED (proxy detected), but I think AdGuard's response was their US IPs were only the ones not detected as VPNs...

Maximum throughput?
A VPN will always impact your speed and latency. It is a trade off. But you can try doing a speed test with VPN connected locally, and use a local server, then connect to another continent and repeat with a test server in that continent, and finally test without the VPN and from a local regional test server (not your ISP as results are not realistic).

Anyone else have anything to add??

Is there a forum for vpn for adguard?

I'd like to learn how effective the vpn service is
- Is it detected by any sites "you are using a vpn*

- And what is the maximum through put for the connection
Eg If your have 50mbit connection, what will my speed be, approximatlye ?

- Flip mode is the vpn service or connection stable?? How often unstable?

TimTheFirst

My main beef is that if you live in a country where you're life depends on staying hidden online, you would be dead very soon as the useless thing disconnects and then doesn't reconnect! This is pissing me off in a big way and they really need to fix it pronto! As it is, it's bloody useless and dangerous