AdGuard wont download onto PC

aquaman71

My PC is a new Windows7 Pro 64 bit using IE, and when trying to download Adguard from their website, rather than 'Run' coming up in the download dialoague box at the bottom of the screen, I get the option 'Open'.

Upon clicking 'Open', it asks me which program I would like to open it with. I have no idea.

Could someone please walk me through the steps I need to take from here?

Thanks.

mysteriously

Beta Tester & Translator
Looks like for some reason IE is unable to download the file correctly. Could you please try other browser?

aquaman71

Likewise didn't work. Firefox says:

You have chosen to open AdgurdInstaller.exe which is a binary file... etc Would you like to save this file?

aquaman71

Thanks Boo Berry, but have already saved it and when trying to open it, it asks "with which program" again.

Any other suggestions?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Boo Berry, but have already saved it and when trying to open it, it asks "with which program" again.

Any other suggestions?
Try adding ".exe" extension to the file.

I've heard about similar issue with IE when file extension is removed for some reason so you get "adguardInstaller" instead of "adguardInstaller.exe"

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please check if the following registry key is set to (probably the subkey IsolatedCommand too):
Code:
"%1" %*
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]

The key "[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe]" should have "exefile" as standard.

aquaman71

Hey Blaz. I am not that computer literate sorry. How would I do that?

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

My apologies. Using Firefox, I had to double-click the download from the top of the browser and it installed fine. I should just read the instructions clearly. (noob!)