AdGuard & Ymail - no go

Gass

Just in a day or two and ymail now requires the total disabling of Adguard to log in.
I tried to just untick "Stealth Mode" of Adguard and see if that was it, but no - while SM being unticked and trying to login again same notice (below). Still same unticked SM and a total disable of Adguard was required to login on Yahoo ymail. Anyone else facing this??? Earlier this month Yahoo ymail changed their TOS and owner as well.
Gass :D

I'm on my way away from Yahoo ymail and Google gmail as well.
Though I'd post this of the problem and see how many others are getting this and if AG has an answer/solution of why or what's going on?

I'm thinking now it's just a quirk on Yahoo's side - as I was able to login later this evening (8+ hours between trying) with Adguard fully enabled and then even my cookie manager armed as well.
Maybe could be testing of their system for a change to come or maybe certain times of the day this will happen for now. That's all I know...
Adguard's still the BEST ! ! ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A quick search shows that this issue is certainly not caused by Adguard, but I couldn't find the reason behind the problem.

Gass

A quick search shows that this issue is certainly not caused by Adguard, but I couldn't find the reason behind the problem.
I'm in total agreement of the issue is not caused by Adguard.
I don't know if it's a ploy (testing) to fighting back (developing ways) generally or strictly against the Adguard's wrapper functions by Yahoo and other sites trying to break out of it's advertise confined bubble - maybe it's a testing by Yahoo of all programs designed to work similar as Adguard in blocking of a page loading elements - which affects revenues to their bottomline.

Adguard which makes the web so much better than it once was. A more sane and sanitized viewing of what advertising is done in ever inch of the webpages in available real-estate that Adguard filters, omits or counters that only it can - yes there is still some advertising garbage that doesn't make it to the rubbish can as the way it's rendered on a site, but that's a small % for now.

What better way for a site to keep you off of it, even when you have an account there, but to restrict logins or claim something has gone wrong... With in your use of adblockers going there trying to do just that (using the site). Wrong attitude and philosophy I must say of these sites.
In Regards to Website Advertising, (as I see it) never was a good way to support a site or of a product - BUT - being superior, unique, unparalleled and it's pricing model along with listening to it's users, all gets people talking, and the best, (very best), mode and model to get the word out about it with high regards.

Then with todays always on and always connected devices, technology and peoples adoptions of using these - the only medium then needed for the cream of the crop, top level, worth a darn, invest your time and using kind of products/websites - (communication between users to family, friends and acquaintances), a win - win every time. Tried, tested, and trusted, word of passage.
Gass :D

Last edited:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Almost 100% sure it has nothing to do with adblocker detection whatsoever. When you google the phrase from the warning message, the results are mostly "something something different devices", "not able to login with iPhone, but can login with PC" etc.