AdGuards Forums - Changing a Threads Title after it's made

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Gass, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Gass

Gass Member

The forums edit feature only offers an edit of the texts body part of a threads post.
    Not the threads topic title, why?

The one I'm wanting to change the title a little is-

"Good Words of Adguard found on the WEB"

As I read it now , it's like Adguard own words is meant or implied here, which is not what I meant at all.

If I could change it, it would read - Good Words about Adguard found on the WEB
    OR
    Good Words towards Adguard found on the WEB.

If someone from a forums Moderator to an Administrator would made the change, I'll promise to think
    more about my Threads Titles in the future. Since this feature is not supplied to us poster here.

Thank so much,
    Gass :)

2. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

I changed the title.

3. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I believe you are able to change thread titles within first 72 hours or so.

4. Gass

Gass Member

Thank you for the help Blaz.

I'm not saying your wrong, as I may very well be here but, I didn't seem to see or find the title box or even title shown within the
    editing area given. I did try within 1-3 hours after making my posting. There could of been some kind of toggle or option given that I
    may of missed though. (I'm not an expert by no means - just figuring simple things out that I can understand is most complex to me)

Sometimes I fall into knowledge by accident, just like now trying to figure out How To Quote two people in a single response.

Since there is not an option given to the Reply (bottom right tab) to include more than one party in a quoting type of reply, by showing the "Quoted" text and members name, etc. - of the two persons I wanted to quote.

I had opened a new browser tab of the same thread and went down to the Reply (bottom right tab) of this second person (when opened) to just Copy and Paste their "QUOTE" information shown of theirs back into my first reply space I had been working on.

what I found out is when this reply opened of the second persons - it also included the first persons "QUOTE" contents in it as well, that I was working in the other browser tab. So I just learned something here... Cool
    I suppose now I need to finish this second persons Reply and post it first before going back to the first persons Reply and cancelling it, as not to lose it from this second reply.

EDIT: I didn't see a cancel option in my first REPLY so I just closed the TAB.

Vasily you could be right but, it's not easy for me in understanding how when an option to edit for the title is not opened at the same time as the edit of the posts text body.

Thanks Cats,
    Gass

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  5. Gass

Gass Member

Yes Sir Vasily,

You were right !

Your are able to change a Threads Title, it just not where one might think to look - see image supplied.
    [​IMG]

I guess it still holds true "first 72 hours or so".
    Though being in a different place than regular post edits - I'm questioning the time line for Title edits.
    You know I'd never thought to look there except I've been trying to find more information for you in
    something I mentioned on the Thread "New forum engine".

Thanks for all you do in helping me,
    Gass :)

6. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I was too late to post a screenshot of the button to press to change the title, which could've saved you several hours... I'll try to be more reactive next time.

Gass likes this.
  7. Gass

Gass Member

No trouble to me to try and understand the forums layout.
    Thanks for your reply, and as far as your timing - I understand :)
    Gass