Ads in ModernUI apps.

streetwolf

Beta Tester
I thought using the WFP network driver is supposed to get rid of ads in ModernUI apps? An example of an app that has ads is the MS Weather app. Sometimes it is necessary to click on some things in order for ads to show up.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The current version of Adguard for Windows lacks filtering options for applications, specifically Modern apps. I'm not even sure if we could add a Modern app manually right now as a web browser.

Hopefully Adguard v6 has an interface that detects all installed Modern apps and allows us to choose which apps we want to filter.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We want to add such option, but right now modern apps can't be added through the interface (talking about v6 now).

Even manually it is rather hard to do, we do a whole research to add every modern app:).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Hmmm, shame we can't "drag" a Modern app (or any app for that matter) into the Adguard interface and have it automatically filter it (e.g. add it to the filtered applications list).

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is not in selecting the modern app. It is rather hard to discover the process used for net requests. Sometimes a separate process is used, or some service process shared by multiple modern apps.

TayTayTheKiller

Beta Tester
I just can't believe there is ads in the stock windows apps, you pay for an os just to have ads ruining the experience :rolleyes:

Would be amazing for ads to be removed from stock apps (News, Weather etc etc)