Ads not blocked and assistant not showing up

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
It's not on any page now, I'm not getting ads blocked either, seems like my Adguard is completely off. I've ensured it's on, the service is on, all my filtering is on in settings. I even rebooted.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please ensure you have WFP driver active in Adguard's settings. Which antivirus software are you using?

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
Please ensure you have WFP driver active in Adguard's settings. Which antivirus software are you using?
@spinedoc777 Blaz is most likely right - Edge browser requires WFP driver for Adguard to filter it.
WFP driver is enabled. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adguard. No adblocking, no assistant, etc. The service is on, and adguard is enabled with a green checkmark in the task manager.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@spinedoc777 I wonder, have there been any changes recently to your computer (like new software, anything)? I presume that Edge was being filtered alright before.

Also, a foolproof question: do you have Edge executables added to Filtered Apps and enabled?

spinedoc777

Beta Tester
OK this is weird, I went to check Windows Defender and it said my definitions were out of date and I wasn't protected, which is usually does automatically without asking me. I updated them, rebooted and now Adguard works.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
... that is quite bizarre indeed.

Does it still work after another reboot? Gosh, something's definitely not right with your PC, IMO.