Ads on Youtube

zlep

Hello, I'm using the Adguard App 1.5.14 for Mac (payed version). Since today I'm getting ads on Youtube. Will there be an update or what can I do? Thanks

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@zlep
Seeing as there's an influx of reports in the last day, there's a chance Google changed something on YouTube. I wonder if they're finally pushing out video ads that can't be skipped nor blocked (without breaking video content, due to ads being loaded from the same domain(s) as the video content itself)? Or is it something like channel ads for merch or if viewing an artist/band's videos you're seeing concert dates? Having some screenshots could help with this.
Try update to Nightly version and check again.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please post a screenshot of that banner, thank you.

zlep

I don't know. Mac is only my personal computer. At work I'm using Chrome + uBlock Origin and Youtube works perfectly fine. It's only Adguard (for Mac?) which seems not working anymore.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Oh. Is the AdGuard Assistant missing from the website too? This *could* be the service worker issue that's known about.

zlep

Just turned the assistent back on and restarted Adguard. Yes, the assistent is missing on youtube. Is this an known issue? Will it be fixed?

zlep

Thanks. Forgot to say that I'm using Safari. Anyway, at the moment everything seems working again. (I'm currently using the new Beta 2.0.1.539).