Adsense

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Android)' started by Tempus, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Tempus

Tempus Beta Tester

The last few days, I can't seem to block what looks like a Google Adsense ad at theverge.com . The ad is large and right at the top under the nav menu. I've not made any changes the my phone. I've restarted Adguard, restarted the phone, nothing works. Any ideas?

Note, this is using the regular production release version, not beta.

This appears to be the offending URL

https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/drt/s?v=r20120211

Logging shows it's blocked however every refresh of the ad, this is the only URL getting logged and the ad is getting through.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

I guess SSL filtering is active? Do you have a screenshot of that ad?

3. user3

user3 Beta Tester

B8546F17-01BF-4BBF-A3EC-A25C4CCAFE11.jpeg 38B30E13-D965-4FCA-930E-C66BAFAEA361.jpeg
    I'm totally out of my element with using AdGuard Pro on Android. If, however, it has similar functions with its iOS counterpart, blocking googleads.g.doubleclick.net works to remove that ad. It does not, however, remove the frame itself which remains behind as a grey square on iOS. While I'm certain the two operating systems have varying effects on AdGuard Pro, perhaps this information might help in dissecting the precise problem & rid the front page of theverge.com of that grey square as well. The browser used is Firefox for iOS (unfortunately not what is available on Android).

4. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

Please note AdGuard has no Pro version for Android, just a simple AdGuard for Android and Content blocker.

Please try to clear your browser cache. Sadly I don't even see an ad on that site without AdGuard.

5. user3

user3 Beta Tester

Blaz, thanks for the clarification.